os x beginner's guide?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
hi,

can anyone point me in the direction of a free online os x beginner's guide? especially one that is geared towards "switchers"? i'm doing ok, but it might be nice to have a structured introduction to the system, esp. if it can point out some of the shortcuts that i'm surely missing at the moment.

thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Have you tried looking in "Help"?

When you are in the Finder, there is a menu titled "Help" the only item in the menu should be "Mac help". Click on that, then when help has launched, click "new to Mac OS X?" and then "for Windows switchers" on the left. If you're looking for something more sophisticated, I'm sure some people around here can recommend some good books.

Also, www.macosxhints.com is a good place to visit if you're wondering how to do something in OS X if help doesn't answer your question.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    Try also the Oreilly site and view some of its online OS X material.

Dobby.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by jonnyboy

hi,

can anyone point me in the direction of a free online os x beginner's guide? especially one that is geared towards "switchers"? i'm doing ok, but it might be nice to have a structured introduction to the system, esp. if it can point out some of the shortcuts that i'm surely missing at the moment.

thanks!

Ars Technica OS X Primer ? aimed at Mac mini users, but probably applicable.