News Flash: HP exec departs for Apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
HP exec to take a top marketing role at Apple.

Allison Johnson, HP's senior vice president of marketing, and one of Carly Fiorina's closest advisers at the company, is departing to take a position at Apple Computer, CNet News.com is reporting.

Johnson's decision was reportedly unrelated to Fiorina's departure, which was made public last week.

The marketing exec will take a top marketing seat at Apple Computer, where she will become vice president of worldwide marketing communications, reporting to CEO Steve Jobs.

Johnson, who had previously worked at Apple, will be responsible for Apple's global advertising and related efforts.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by AppleInsider

HP exec to take a top marketing roll at Apple.

While it is customary to serve pastry at meetings, I wouldn't expect someone with a key role at one company to jump ship just for the doughnuts.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    This was an interesting part of a C|Net article posted today.

http://news.com.com/HP+exec+follows+...l?tag=nefd.top

At HP, Johnson's role stretched beyond marketing under Fiorina. She was described by one former co-worker as the "prime minister" of HP, BusinessWeek reporter Peter Burrows wrote in his book "Backfire: Carly Fiorina's High-Stakes Battle for the Soul of Hewlett-Packard," which traced the HP-Compaq fight.

And HP's ads under her always seemed interesting. Hopefully Apple has scored a dedicated and capable executive to add to their arsensal.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Republic

*snip*

And HP's ads under her always seemed interesting. Hopefully Apple has scored a dedicated and capable executive to add to their arsensal.

hear, hear, "+HP = everything is possible" campaign has been fresh, conceptually sound, and truly revitalising f8ck the losers and old-boys at HP that didn't "get" Fiorina and Johnson

Apple, as it moves to gain more momentum, may need a little nudge and guidance from just pure-minimalism, it needs a kind of "blossoming" in its marketing

Everything bodes well for Apple right now. Steve's got Phil, Johnson, that design dude... Ives

It looks like Johnson will focus more on overall communications while Phil is on product marketing more sales -side aspects? Ah, well, we shall see, and I don't run a Fortune500 company

8)

T-13 days till my iBook is back

http://switchcraft.blogspot.com
  • Reply 4 of 6
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    I must say I have really enjoyed all the HP TV ads showing here in the UK. Fresh, original, intelligent.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    And they used The Cure in one. Good taste to use such a well-produced song as "Pictures of You."
  • Reply 6 of 6
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Mac OS X, The Commercial...

Coming to a TV / Billboard / radio station near you.

Fat chance.

--B