Purchased Music Playlist

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Everytime I purchase a song from ITMS a puchased music playlist is created in the source menu. I have no need for this playlist. How do I go about disabling this feature in the windows version of iTunes? Although I have no need for this playlist, I am curious to know what other people use it for.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I use it to keep track of my puchased music.....

It is my most used playlist. Why? you ask, because I like it.

(shivers) I think i just got koodies from a windows user
  • Reply 2 of 9
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    It's very useful when you want to back up all that purchased music. You can simply select the playlist, hit "burn" and iTunes will span as many CDs as necessary to make a backup copy of all that downloaded music you paid for.

I didn't realize the Windows version insists on having this item. IIRC, iTunes on my Mac will let me delete it if I want.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Tell you what....

every time you download purchased music ignore the purchased music smart folder. If ever you do access it immediately reboot your computer and say to yourself 5 times "This would never happen to a mac"

Repeat until you switch!

by the way anyone know of a way to restore the purchased music files from a restored itunes database such that the warning about previously purchased music feature is restored.

Also, apple can we get a itunes synch feature across multiple authorized computers?!!

thx,

Windows user, now is the time to reboot! and say to yourself....
  • Reply 4 of 9
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    You can't stop the Purchased Music list from being creating each time you purchase, you just have to delete it each time. Irritating but not terrible.

I prefer to add "itms" in the comment field for my itms-purchased music, to keep track.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    The Purchased Music playlist isn't a smart folder, just a regular one with a script that runs each time you download a song from the iTMS. A better way of doing it would be to create a smart folder for any song containing "Protected AAC" (Or whatever it is) in its file type tag.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

The Purchased Music playlist isn't a smart folder, just a regular one with a script that runs each time you download a song from the iTMS. A better way of doing it would be to create a smart folder for any song containing "Protected AAC" (Or whatever it is) in its file type tag.

That's a good solution, I'm just very finicky about my playlists. I prefer to my purchased music information available at a touch but not always visible.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

Tell you what....

every time you download purchased music ignore the purchased music smart folder. If ever you do access it immediately reboot your computer and say to yourself 5 times "This would never happen to a mac"

Repeat until you switch!

by the way anyone know of a way to restore the purchased music files from a restored itunes database such that the warning about previously purchased music feature is restored.

Also, apple can we get a itunes synch feature across multiple authorized computers?!!

thx,

Windows user, now is the time to reboot! and say to yourself....

oh so very soon... just 16 more months as a medical student and then I can finally get the Apple of my dreams...
  • Reply 8 of 9
    You won't have time during residency to even look at a computer. And the pay isn't all that great either.

Keep the Faith!

ps. you might want to avail yourself of the edu discount. Or, check to see if your residency program is listed under apple's edu program. If not then call the 800 number and tell them where you are working and they probably will give you the discount.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

I did that and I still am not prompted with the warning that the track has already been purchased.