The (soon 2 be updated) iPod mini's "press" set to "carry" the new eMac ? (same

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Apple to use "press" of new iPod mini to "carry" the new eMac ???

We all know any release of an iPod will get coverage

We all know the eMac is set for an update

We all know the iPod mini is set for an update

The ship time on the silver iPod Mini is 1-2 business days

If you look below on the Apple Certified eMacs the ship date is 30 business days

I say we see new eMacs the same day the new iPod minis come out........ and I bet they go back to the old color tricks

iBook G4 1.33GHz/ 256MB/ 60GB/ SuperDrive/ AP Extreme Card/ E/ 56K/ 14-inch TFT - Apple Certified

Learn More

? Save 14% off the original price

\tOriginal price: $1,499.00

Your price: $1,299.00

Estimated Ship:

1-2 business days

Free Shipping

Add

AppleCare Protection Plan for iBook

extends the complimentary coverage on your iBook to three years of world-class support and service.

Learn More

\tPrice: $249.00

Estimated Ship:

1-2 business days

Free Shipping

Add

Apple Certified eMacs

eMac 1GHz/ 256MB/ 40GB/ CD-ROM/ NO MODEM - Apple Certified

Learn More

? Save 22% off the original price

\tOriginal price: $699.00

Your price: $549.00

Estimated Ship:

30 business days

Free Shipping

sdf

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1523186874341620

OH!!! And let me be the frist to say "eMac G5 baby!"
  • Reply 2 of 12
    n3on3o Posts: 56member
    Yeah ! That seems to be a good guess.

I'd surely like it to go back to the coloured ones.

Maybe the same colors as the new mini ipods !

n3o
  • Reply 3 of 12
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i still liked the orange models of computers they made (i know i am in the minority on that one), and i do think they could do the anodized aluminum shells just for the heck of it. guess they can use the ipod mini color sales as a guage (aren't the silver and blue ones at the top?)
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Something new is possible as the eMac is one computer that Apple wants to bring out for the education buying season.

Wouldn't bet on next Tuesday though as they would not be showing 30 days, but 7 to 10 days - unless I'm wrong, which I often am . . .
  • Reply 5 of 12
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    how do you guys come up with this stuff?

There must be some web site out there that randomly generates new Apple machine specs...
  • Reply 6 of 12
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Yevgeny

There must be some web site out there that randomly generates new Apple machine specs...

There is:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/

• Reply 7 of 12
    n3on3o Posts: 56member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

There is:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/

Amorph is right.

This is Future Hardware Forum. The key word here is future...

So, unless someone here have complete control of the Force, there will be some speculation here...

• Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

i still liked the orange models of computers they made (i know i am in the minority on that one), and i do think they could do the anodized aluminum shells just for the heck of it. guess they can use the ipod mini color sales as a guage (aren't the silver and blue ones at the top?)

Im pretty sure the pink ones are the best selling ones.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Goddam you guys make it hard for a guy to make a buying decision.

I was about to buy an eMac when the Mac mini rumours started, so I waited. Now I'm thinking I'll get a Mac mini and there's rumours of a G5 eMac popping up here and there (enough to make me think it could happen).

Gotta stop reading these rumour threads.

I'd like to start my own rumour. G5 iPods by the end of the year
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bart Smastard

Goddam you guys make it hard for a guy to make a buying decision.

I was about to buy an eMac when the Mac mini rumours started, so I waited. Now I'm thinking I'll get a Mac mini and there's rumours of a G5 eMac popping up here and there (enough to make me think it could happen).

Gotta stop reading these rumour threads.

I'd like to start my own rumour. G5 iPods by the end of the year

If you can, wait another couple of months. Then you'll know for sure whether a eMac G5 is coming or not.

At the moment, the eMac is poor value compared to the Mini. In Aussie dollars, the 17 inch monitor, a USB+Firewire port and Mouse/keyboard is an extra $500 over the cost of the mini (without an edu discount) and you don't get the option of the 1.42 G4.

Patience, my fellow antipodean, patience...
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by a j stev

If you can, wait another couple of months. Then you'll know for sure whether a eMac G5 is coming or not.

At the moment, the eMac is poor value compared to the Mini. In Aussie dollars, the 17 inch monitor, a USB+Firewire port and Mouse/keyboard is an extra $500 over the cost of the mini (without an edu discount) and you don't get the option of the 1.42 G4.

Patience, my fellow antipodean, patience...

Because I had to look it up I thought I'd share my findings for anyone else not familiar with the word "antipodean".

Dictionary.com gives the following description:

antipodean

adj : relating to the antipodes or situated at opposite sides of the earth; "antodpodean latitudes"; "antipodal regions of the earth"; "antipodal points on a sphere"

Therefore I assume a j stev is refering to Australia's geographic distance from the majority of Appleinsiders members... or at the least, Apple HQ.

Not sure if I can wait another couple of months. Agree that current eMac is not comparable to a similarly spec'd mini. Which makes one think that Apple must be considering their options with this model (enhance or kill).
  • Reply 12 of 12
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by M.O.S.T

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1523186874341620

OH!!! And let me be the frist to say "eMac G5 baby!"

That article was from Oct, 2004.