I may be about to sell iBook, anyone interested?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
If new Powerbooks come out this week, I might be selling my iBook. I'll probably put it on ebay, but I thought I'd see, if anyone has any interest here? Obviously, I wouldn't be selling it until the new Powerbook gets to me, but I'd thought I'd see...

It was purchased in July 2004. It arrived on July 20, from Apple. It was a build to order. Specs...

12 inch display

1.07 GHZ G4

Combo Drive

768 MB of Memory (256 Apple internal and 512 stick of Crucial)

60 GB Hard Drive

Bluetooth

Airport Extreme

$950 as above, or $900, if you only want 384 MB of memory. The 512 in it is a 2700 stick I got from Crucial, so I could use it in my Powerbook, if I take it out, and I could put a 128 back in for the buyer at the $900 price.

If you consider a current iBook the same as this one it is $1274 plus tax at Apple.com, so at $950 this would save you $324 plus tax. Yes, the new ones are 130 MHZ faster, but that is a small difference. The warranty continues through the middle of July 2005, and you could add AppleCare. I've not had a single problem with this machine.

This iBook was used with an external display, keyboard, and mouse 90 to 95 percent of the time. That means my hands have not been on the keyboard and wrist pads of the iBook very often. Furthermore, although I will sometimes use it on the dining room table or around the house for example, I do not take it out of my house. That means it has NOT been thrown in book bags and stuff like some people do. Furthermore, I cherish this notebook. I baby it.

It has the original box, CDs, cables, etc. I can email photogrpahs of it, no problem. I can take photos of everything.

It is certainly a loaded iBook. 768 MB of memory, 60 gig hard drive, bluetooth (only available BTO), airport extreme card, etc. I love it, but I'm tempted to buy this up-coming Powerbook release.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    With the new powerbooks, I will have to start getting ready to sell my iBook. I will hear best offers. You can post them, or just private message to me. Private message your email address, and I can send pictures. Thanks.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Still no one interested? I'm thinking $850 with 512MB of memory total. My Powerbook finally arrived! Yay, so I can sell the ibook for sure now. Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibook911

Still no one interested? I'm thinking $850 with 512MB of memory total. My Powerbook finally arrived! Yay, so I can sell the ibook for sure now. Thanks.

Does that mean you will be changing your name to powerbook911?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Through in the recycling fee and you got your self a deal.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

Through in the recycling fee and you got your self a deal.

Is this some kind of joke? Sorry, I'm an idiot I guess. I don't get it. Are you saying my ibook should be recycled? I'm sorry, I just don't understand.

Gwarren - I'm going to keep the ibook screen name. It is where I got my mac start, or my mac rebirth.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    whmwhm Posts: 50member
    is your ibook still for sale?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    stacystacy Posts: 6member
    Quote:

Originally posted by whm

is your ibook still for sale?

I have one for sale:

Oops, not any more, sold on eBay!