Will Safari survive?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    Safari is nice, but for as long as it has been out, it still seems like beta software to me as time. There is still NO way in the prefences to turn off link underlining, for example, without using a style sheet - something you average user might not understand how to set up.

A few more sticking points for me are:

* After using Firefox with its search box plug-ins, or OmniWeb where you can add almost any search field to your search box, Safari with its "Google only" search box just doesn't cut it.

* When doing image attachments on message boards, for example, the browser that pops up for Safari for finding your file doesn't automatically preview an image when you select it. FireFox does, and when you know the image by sight but not exactly by name, it really sucks the way Safari does it.

* The Stop / Reload button. It was a great idea to combine them - but then you try to use it, and you realize how bad of an idea it is. Let me give you an example of something that always happens to me: a page starts to load, hangs, I hit the "stop" button, but it doesn't register. Finally the page loads all at once, the button has changed to "reload," and THEN my button press registers. I then get to sit there and watch the page reload, hang again, and wait until it finally catches up.
  • Reply 42 of 43
    Safari's features are fine with me. I have never had a hard time with the stop / reload buttons. It is a lot slower than Camino.