Tiger games, Core Image, Video - a revolution?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Some rube decided to call themselves AirFluf and post at Ars, mocking him. I don't know why AirSluf thinks it was me or Kickaha.

It wasn't me. I post as myself, 100% of the time, and I have for the last 18 years.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    I hope that o'tool remark wasn't directed at me.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    Quote:

Something just dawned on me...WHAT WILL THIS DO FOR GAMES???

Answer: nothing special. I think the OS itself and applications will more benefit of Core Image than games.

Core Image is about lowering the difficulty of pixel shaders, and so on, the low-level stuff "no-one really knows about".

I am a game designer (www.synthetix-interactive.com) and I recently bought my first Apple in order to look into possibilities of developing cross-platform.

A game designer needs OpenGL for that, and MacOS has this already. A game designer might also need an OpenGL based engine, or C++. Tools enough on the Mac.

The problem with the Apple platform is that it has a small user base. It costs a lot to develop and test for multiple OSses. I, however, am positive that a relative large percentage of this relative small userbase will buy games. Just because there are not as much game titles for the Mac.

They key in attracting more game developers are better development tools, cross-platform engines and an open mind towards alternative platforms.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Heheh... nothing like replying to a thread that died a half year ago.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Some rube decided to call themselves AirFluf and post at Ars, mocking him. I don't know why AirSluf thinks it was me or Kickaha.

It wasn't me. I post as myself, 100% of the time, and I have for the last 18 years.

The sad thing is that he really has been removing all his 1800+ posts. Dating back as far as late 2001. Leaving many threads of old severely scarred.

Also, he appears to be accusing kim kap sol of the Ars-impersonation. Not you or Kickaha.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    No, he's just decided to accuse us of singling him out, then erasing any evidence... convenient, that. *shrug* His posts, he can do with them what he wants. If he chooses to leave the community in an immature slash and burn manner, that's his business.

Time to lock this thread up since it now has nothing to do with Tiger, games, CoreImage or CoreVideo. Followup discussion or comments can go in Suggestions if people really feel like revisiting this dead horse.