AppleScript "Alert if power is disconected" ?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Is there some kind of script that will alert you if the power gets unpluged ???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I don't know about you, but the screen and computer shutting off is alert enough for me!

But for laptops, I'm amazed there isn't an interface bezel that indicates when power is connected / disconnected or when a wirelesss network is detected, etc. We only have eject and volume now, but power and networking seems a logical next step.

Hell, perhaps this or a dashboard widget will be in Tiger?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

But for laptops, I'm amazed there isn't an interface bezel that indicates when power is connected / disconnected or when a wirelesss network is detected, etc.....

ummm because for laptops that info can always be displayed as icons in the main apple strip menu bar at the top of the screen ????
  • Reply 3 of 5
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

ummm because for laptops that info can always be displayed as icons in the main apple strip menu bar at the top of the screen ????

Well, battery status (including plugged in indicator), airport connectivity, volume level, display, and bluetooth connectivity can all be displayed in the menubar, but only volume, brightness, bluetooth, and eject have bezels. What gives?!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Well, battery status (including plugged in indicator), airport connectivity, volume level, display, and bluetooth connectivity can all be displayed in the menubar, but only volume, brightness, bluetooth, and eject have bezels. What gives?!

\ i'm fine with the bezel status as it is, what is it that bugs you about battery status not having a bezel? just curious...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by M.O.S.T

Is there some kind of script that will alert you if the power gets unpluged ???

What I want is to configure different settings for being plugged in, like full brightness, bluetooth on, etc. The the opposite when unplugged. Isn't it obvious when it's unplugged, the light on the side goes away (if you've got an iBook or a newer PowerBook that is).