Napster 2.0 and Mac

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Is there any Mac application that will allow you to play Napster 2.0 DRM files? I have service through my school and I have VPC to download the music but VPC playback of audio is very bad. I just would like to be able to play the files on my Mac.

Or if anyone knows how to make audio playback on VPC 7.0 that would help as well. By the way I have an iMac G5 1.8 with 1GB RAM.

Thanks,

Macaddict16

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Try burning your files to CD (Audio-CD) in Windoze, and import it with iTunes (be sure to select a good quality encoding (like 192kbp/s - 128kbp/s AAC)
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I can't burn the files with out paying $0.99. The Napster App lets you listen to all the music you want and you actually download the music so you can still listen to it off line, but it will stop playing after the customers subscription has ended.

Macaddict16
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Macaddict16

I can't burn the files with out paying $0.99. The Napster App lets you listen to all the music you want and you actually download the music so you can still listen to it off line, but it will stop playing after the customers subscription has ended.

Macaddict16

Ya, i dont think that you are supposed to do that, i mean its illegal, isnt it?? i dont know, much about napster. Why not just use itunes
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Well then, if you really have to pay 0.99.- to burn your music, you´re out of luck.

Pay, and never use Napster again.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Quote:

Is there any Mac application that will allow you to play Napster 2.0 DRM files? I have service through my school...

I still think it's retarded that schools have anything to do with Napster or any business that is not related to studies.

Carry on. Just wanted to vent a bit.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Macaddict16

one question how often do you have to connect in order to play your music?