In search of a program that answers my phone/takes messages/caller ID

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I noticed in MAC HOME (ok mag) they have a program called Phlink & Parliant's Phone Valet booth (hardware and software) that allows the phone to ring and be answered, messagest etc and allow users to tree off to listen to various information you need to give them. I have no idea if this will be what i need for my company.

Now, here is what i need:

I run after school programs at 6 schools. I am tired of paying for message center and paying for mailboxes "...push one for xyz elementary school" and tired of having to check each of 3 mailboxes individually via my telephone company voicemail box.

I need a program that will allow callers to select from 6 choices, letting me record 6 different messages - giving me 6 in boxes to check from my computer (not my phone). Heck...even if I could get MORE choices - the better.

Does anyone know of anything like this? I will pay big bucks for this!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    From parliants site.

Quote:

? 11 voice mailboxes accessed with touch-tones 0-9 and #. Mailboxes can be individually enabled and disabled.

? Multiple lines supported with simultaneous answering and recording

? Main greeting, and greetings for each mailbox importable from audio files, recordable from system microphone (if present) or generated using Apple speech synthesis (speech synthesis for greetings requires Mac OS X 10.2 or higher).

Sounds like it's pretty damn close to what you want to do. I'm thinking about buying Phone Valet in the future. I wonder how well it works with Vonage?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Thanks! I just went to ovolab.com and got the Phlink. It should arrive in a couple of days. It looks like exactly what i need. I will let yah know how well it works if you like. I am so excited to cancel my message center via my tele companY!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

From parliants site.

Sounds like it's pretty damn close to what you want to do. I'm thinking about buying Phone Valet in the future. I wonder how well it works with Vonage?

why don't you have vonage e-mail you the message.

That's what I do and this way wherever I am with my laptop and an internet connection I can check my phone messages.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I dont really need email messages. I work from home and step out and miss messages. Never check them while out really -
  • Reply 5 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

why don't you have vonage e-mail you the message.

That's what I do and this way wherever I am with my laptop and an internet connection I can check my phone messages.

I don't have Vonage myself but I'm investigating on whether to recommend them for my mother's business. I do think that email feature is pretty handly. My friend was pretty jazzed about it.

I'm interested in hearing how Phlink works. It's cheaper than Phone Valet and seems to be full featured enough. Let us know what you think.