hmm jus curious

What state/country is everyone from?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 31
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Born in Saudi.

Raised in NYC.

Grew up in Rome.

College and chaos in Brussels (a year in Prague in between somewhere there)

Now living, working, and surviving in Paris (France... not Texas).

Who knows whats next
  • Reply 2 of 31
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Born in St. Thomas

University in California

Escaped the US before Bush

Living in Switzerland, one of the best places to live in the world PERIOD.

Standard of living and social system makes the US look like a third world country.
  • Reply 3 of 31
    Burn and raised in Vienna (in Austria, of course), and still living there.

A very nice city, and maybe, I´ll visit Japan a few times :3
  • Reply 4 of 31
    jwmjwm Posts: 15member
    Originally from Liverpool UK - moved around a bit - settled in North Yorkshire, a lovely place to live (if you like hills!!)
  • Reply 5 of 31
    Born in Washington, DC and have lived in Alexandria, McLean, and currently in Great Falls, VA and I go to school in Fairfax, VA (George Mason Univ).

Last summer I lived in New York City for 3 months but come next fall, I will be living in Budapest, Hungary for about a year.
  • Reply 6 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by JWM

Originally from Liverpool UK - moved around a bit - settled in North Yorkshire, a lovely place to live (if you like hills!!)

I played rugby with a Yorkshire boy when I was in University (not long ago. . .) He said it was a nice place, but understanding what else he was saying was a bit of a challenge. Moving on, one of my friends is from Rotherham. . . Is that near you?

Personally, I'm from DC, lived in New Jersey for four and a half years for school and for the entrepreneurial venture that I engaged in right after school, and then moved to East-Coast-Central Florida not long ago for the same entreprenurial venture. (Indialantic, actually 45 mins south of the Cape on A1A)
  • Reply 7 of 31
    Lincoln, Nebraska.

A phrase that in French means: "Void of All Life."
  • Reply 8 of 31
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Born in Northwest Ohio.

University in Southeast Ohio.

Grad School and married in Southwest Ohio.

And now I will be in Skopje, Macedonia until 2006

After that, some more time in Ohio.

After that, as many of you have said, who knows?
  • Reply 9 of 31
    Illinois (Chicago, Urbana)

Minnesota (Winona, Saint Paul)

and now Houston, Texas
  • Reply 10 of 31
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    Vancouver, British Columbia

Canada

Beautiful city...

cept I'm going to school in Calgary, Alberta right now. sucks!
  • Reply 11 of 31
    born & raised in Cleveland, Ohio (east siiiiiiiidddeee) 8)
  • Reply 12 of 31
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Born, raised, grew up, and college in Northeast Pennsylvania. That's it, so far.

Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

born & raised in Cleveland, Ohio (east siiiiiiiidddeee) 8)

Cool. My brother is a student at the Cleveland Institute of Art.
  • Reply 13 of 31
    New York, New York
  • Reply 14 of 31
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Slackula

Lincoln, Nebraska.

A phrase that in French means: "Void of All Life."

Funny, a joke from Sam Kinison came to mind about living in crappy places;

"I'm like anyone else on this planet -- I'm very moved by world hunger. I see the same commercials, with those little kids, starving, and very depressed. I watch those kids and I go, 'Fuck, I know the FILM crew could give this kid a sandwich!' There's a director five feet away going, 'DON'T FEED HIM YET! GET THAT SANDWICH OUTTA HERE! IT DOESN'T WORK UNLESS HE LOOKS HUNGRY!!!' But I'm not trying to make fun of world hunger. Matter of fact, I think I have the answer. You want to stop world hunger? Stop sending these people food. Don't send these people another bite, folks. You want to send them something, you want to help? Send them U-Hauls. Send them U-Hauls, some luggage, send them a guy out there who says, 'Hey, we been driving out here every day with your food, for, like, the last thirty or forty years, and we were driving out here today across the desert, and it occurred to us that there wouldn't BE world hunger, if you people would LIVE WHERE THE FOOD IS! YOU LIVE IN A DESERT! YOU LIVE IN A FUCKING DESERT! NOTHING GROWS OUT HERE! NOTHING'S GONNA GROW OUT HERE! YOU SEE THIS? HUH? THIS IS SAND. KNOW WHAT IT'S GONNA BE A HUNDRED YEARS FROM NOW? IT'S GONNA BE SAND! YOU LIVE IN A FUCKING DESERT! GET YOUR STUFF, GET YOUR SHIT, WE'LL MAKE ONE TRIP, WE'LL TAKE YOU TO WHERE THE FOOD IS! WE HAVE DESERTS IN AMERICA -- WE JUST DON'T LIVE IN THEM, ASSHOLES!"
  • Reply 15 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

I played rugby with a Yorkshire boy when I was in University (not long ago. . .) He said it was a nice place, but understanding what else he was saying was a bit of a challenge. Moving on, one of my friends is from Rotherham. . . Is that near you?

Rotheram's about 90 minutes drive from me - That's considered a long way in the UK!!
  • Reply 16 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by JWM

Rotheram's about 90 minutes drive from me - That's considered a long way in the UK!!

Any Northeasterner will consider it a long drive as well, but, as I've found, I've had to get accustomed to longer trips since moving to Florida. I'm think about moving to the SF Bay area in a few years, which also appears to require some driving.
  • Reply 17 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Any Northeasterner will consider it a long drive as well, but, as I've found, I've had to get accustomed to longer trips since moving to Florida. I'm think about moving to the SF Bay area in a few years, which also appears to require some driving.

I've always fancied SF, maybe one day.....
  • Reply 18 of 31
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Ontario -> British Columbia -> Ontario -> North Carolina,

and in my dreams, in Monaco with a submarine:

http://www.ussubs.com/submarines/phoenix_1000.php3
  • Reply 19 of 31
    trtamtrtam Posts: 111member
    Honolulu, Hawaii.
  • Reply 20 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

Now living, working, and surviving in Paris (France... not Texas).

Damn, I thought you were going to say Paris Hilton.