Which 2.1 speaker set should I get?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

a 2-speaker set up like m-audio is designed for you to be in one position most of the time for optimal music enjoyment/production (the triangle-thingy setup)

Which, incidentally, is why they rock as office speakers. I'm always sitting around looking at the screen. . .
  • Reply 22 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Which, incidentally, is why they rock as office speakers. I'm always sitting around looking at the screen. . .

awesome
  • Reply 23 of 32
    I have CSW MegaWorks They are like 550W total, I got em a couple years ago for around 200 bucks. Sound is good to me. Alternatively you could get a separate subwoofer and then a couple monitors.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by MagicFingers

I got the Klipsch 2.1 a few weeks ago. They were by far the best sounding speakers on the shelf for $150. I coudn't be happier with the speakers. i use them in our bedroom for my ipod and for the television/dvd. They are the best sounding for the money. There was a set of logitechs 2.1 for more $ but they did not sound as good as the Klipsch.

Let me second this by saying that these are the absolute best sounding speakers you are going to find for the price and outperform many sets over the $200 mark.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by Playmaker

Let me second this by saying that these are the absolute best sounding speakers you are going to find for the price and outperform many sets over the $200 mark.

Not too much bass?

It seems like most everyone likes the Klipsch speakers.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by dferigmu

Not too much bass?

It seems like most everyone likes the Klipsch speakers.

They have horn tweeters, so the high end stuff isn't as good. You can notice it when listening to organ music or marches, in particular.

There, I said it. However, the Klipsch 2:1 is indeed a good set. It's much better than the Soundsticks, perhaps because the satellites are much less anemic, and the bass is very tunable.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

They have horn tweeters, so the high end stuff isn't as good. You can notice it when listening to organ music or marches, in particular.

So the high-end sound is good for other types of music though?
  • Reply 28 of 32
    what about the jbl encounters? i heard those at a nearby apple store and was blown away. you can get them for around 200.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by dferigmu

So the high-end sound is good for other types of music though?

The high-end is "good enough" for other types. Really, there's not a lot of music with really clean high end. It's pretty much just organs and flutes.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    bentonbenton Posts: 161member
    Klipsch Promedia 2.1 multimedia speakers were purchased with out sampling and based upon the recommendation of a friend who uses brand for major audio setup. I purchased from Amazon for $115.00. I am pleased using for listening to music and movies.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    You bought those pieces of crap? geez

I'm just kidding you made a good decision, I have been debating on "accidentally" spilling coffee on my altecs for sometime in order to upgrade to the Klipsh. Enjoy!
  • Reply 32 of 32
    mr_emr_e Posts: 40member
    http://www.edifier.ca/products/s2141/s21d.html

Awesome.

Even have optical in for you PM G5 owners.

Can't be beat for the price..IMO.