I'm so Jealous :-( ATI Mobility FireGL V5000 3D

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
This is sitting across from me on the desk in my co-workers "demo" laptop. Hope I can get this graphics card soon!

ATI Mobility FireGL V5000 3D graphics accelerator, complete with 256 MB of graphic memory.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    What's so special about it?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    http://www.ati.com/products/workstat...eglmatrix.html

Ummm wouldn't you rather have the V5100. It's 256 bit and has 4 more Pixel pipelines and your bandwidth jumps to 22.4 GBps(up from the V5000's 13.6) . The V5000 looks rather pedestrian spec wise if I'm allowed to don my specwhore suit
  • Reply 3 of 8
    What's so special about them? What can these cards do that the Radeon X800 XT Mac Edition can't? And what does these FireGL cards cost?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Henriok

What's so special about them? What can these cards do that the Radeon X800 XT Mac Edition can't?

They fit in a laptop.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Am I missing something here?, cause the words mobility and laptop in the original post stand out a bit.

Ahh crap beaten already by above.. but curiously it said 4 minutes ago.. weird... (the audiop post wasnt there when I posted..!)
  • Reply 6 of 8
    arlight fine fine 5100. Heh I'd love for apple to not force a video card on us but have different builds of video card options for their lineup. I assume the super great 5100 and the 5000 eat more battery. Maybe not much more, but damnit if i wouldn't like this option on my mac!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I wonder how that compares to a NVIDIA Quadro FX Go1400 PCI-E?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

They fit in a laptop.

Ah! My mistake.. reading too fast again.