Classic FUD ... Sadly, this was kinda Innocent...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
from a review i just read of the iPod Shuffle, talking about iTunes...

"...On it's own merit, iTunes is an excellent piece of software, and gives the user tremendous flexibility and is easy to use. Windows users though should be aware that iTunes is optimised for Mac operating systems, and there will be a bug or two that will surface with Windows. Whether this is the fault of the software or the operating system cannot be determined, but [another staff member] ...reports that iTunes and the shuffle work seamlessly... with Mac OS X"

yeah sure windows is perfect except when you load this iTunes thing, then iTunes has a few bugs in it because it is "optimised for Macs"

i pity the fools still living in the dark. they can suck my b*lls

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

from a review i just read of the iPod Shuffle, talking about iTunes...

"...On it's own merit, iTunes is an excellent piece of software, and gives the user tremendous flexibility and is easy to use. Windows users though should be aware that iTunes is optimised for Mac operating systems, and there will be a bug or two that will surface with Windows. Whether this is the fault of the software or the operating system cannot be determined, but [another staff member] ...reports that iTunes and the shuffle work seamlessly... with Mac OS X"

yeah sure windows is perfect except when you load this iTunes thing, then iTunes has a few bugs in it because it is "optimised for Macs"

i pity the fools still living in the dark. they can suck my b*lls

Personally, I wouldn't call that FUD. Do you seriously think that Apple re-wrote iTunes from the ground up to use the most suitable Windows APIs and optimise it for speed and memory usage? No, they didn't. They ported the Mac version. The system requirements for Windows iTunes are much higher than the Mac requirements, because the Windows version of iTunes was a rushed port.

The quote you provided above does say "whether this is the fault of the software of the operating system cannot be determined". That sounds fairly balanced to me, and I would agree with that statement. The iTunes experience certainly isn't as good on Windows and I don't think the sluggishness of the UI can be blamed on Windows.

Thought I should add that I'm a Mac user, not a windows fanboi, lest you get the wrong impression.