iPod shuffle icon

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
i was wondering how come my iPod shuffle mounts as a generic disk drive and not some neat ipod shuffle icon? is everybody elses like that as well? or is there somethign i'm missing. thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    What, didnt you get the memo?

The Icon dude at Apple is on strike
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Mounts as in iPod shuffle on my desktop. I don't think it always did though, I'm sure it only did it after I reset it a few weeks back. Maybe it will have the right icon after you run yesterdays software update on it.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Apply the latest update and you'll get a clever little iPod icon 8)
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I updated and now my shuffle has a proper cute little shuffle icon. yay. But now my 20GB ipod icon is the generic one - how do I get it back?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Funny, that^ happened to me too! My shuffle has the neat icon but my ipod has the generic one. Apple's playing tricks...!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by produkt

Funny, that^ happened to me too! My shuffle has the neat icon but my ipod has the generic one. Apple's playing tricks...!

I don't have a shuffle, but I do know that after applying the latest security patch my old iPod now displays as a generic hard drive. I tried repairing permissions, but still no cute iPod picture.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Hate to resurrect an old thread but it's better than starting a new one right

Did anyone ever resolve the 'generic disk' icon issue? I have my 40gb iPod connected and my desktop just doesn't look the same without an iPod icon to sit comfortably next to its iPod shuffle counterpart.