Should I sell my shuffle and buy an iPod mini?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Title says it all really. I have had my shuffle for a few weeks and am pretty happy with it, but should I get a new one? I reckon I could get £80-£90 for it on eBay, and pick up an iPod mini for £129 with a student discount.

Give me some pros and cons - what do you think? I have never ever used my shuffle on shuffle mode, as I look for the track I want or play albums in order. I do like the USB storage idea and size though. Opinions anyone? The main thing putting me off is size, as it is no effort to carry a shuffle with me alongside my keys, phone, wallet and loose change!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    just out of curiosity...

do you also have a forum you go to to ask what you should have for lunch ? ... or whether or not you should pee from a standing or sitting position ??

have you ever made a decision for yourself ? ... independent of other people's opinions ? ...

shuffle ... pro = tiny ... con = no screen

mini ... pro = has screen ... con = as big as a house.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    This my friends is the upsell....

"Ohh I have a shuffle and I love it, Ohh look for an extra £39 I can get a mini with a screen and 4gb of space.. ohh but for an extra £30 I can have 6gb. But wait for another £40 I can get a real iPod with the pretty silver back and have 20gb... You know what would go well with my new 20gb iPod is one of those mac nini computers I have seen.. but look if I pay a little more I can get one built into the screen.. and it's so pretty"

ch-ching

Steve gets gold plated knives and forks on the jet, My shares split AGAIN, another nail is driven into the heart of Microsoft and all is well with the world.

Personally I would keep the Shuffle and wait for the 5g iPods The best thing about the shuffle is the no moving parts to skip when you are at the gym (not that I ever go).

j.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Took the plunge and made the decision myself before you guys answered - see I can be decisive on my own! My iPod mini should arrive next week, decided a screen and a bigger drive would be pretty useful and I never go to the gym! In an ideal world I would have a 30GB iPod photo AND a shuffle, for when I can't be bothered carrying the big beast around, but this solution will do me for just now. Yes, I am a victim of the upsell.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    I am glad to hear it...

I think you will be very happy with the "middle brother"

j.

(I have a shuffle and a 40gb 3g)
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnrp

This my friends is the upsell....

"Ohh I have a shuffle and I love it, Ohh look for an extra £39 I can get a mini with a screen and 4gb of space.. ohh but for an extra £30 I can have 6gb. But wait for another £40 I can get a real iPod with the pretty silver back and have 20gb... You know what would go well with my new 20gb iPod is one of those mac nini computers I have seen.. but look if I pay a little more I can get one built into the screen.. and it's so pretty"

ch-ching

Steve gets gold plated knives and forks on the jet, My shares split AGAIN, another nail is driven into the heart of Microsoft and all is well with the world.

Personally I would keep the Shuffle and wait for the 5g iPods The best thing about the shuffle is the no moving parts to skip when you are at the gym (not that I ever go).

j.

in warm jest, john,

1. great analysis on the upsell.

2. re: iPod mini moving parts -- you are talking out your ass, since how do you know about mini skip protection if you haven't really tried it eg. the gym

3. toodles...!