ThinkSecret Attempts To Explain iPod Rumors

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
check this out if you haven't, why they 'got it wrong' on for example, new iPod mini with supposed color screen that didn't happen....

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0502ipods2.html

i'm still wondering wtf happened to asteroid ?? hmmm ???

anyway, good luck to dePlume and his case...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Think Secret has had a very good track record and I found it interesting that they even mentioned a specific resolution of 176x132 for the new color screen iPod mini. Hopefully we will see them later this year along with a 10GB capacity.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    I wonder if Apple is doing some internal security as well. Setting out wrong info to different groups is one way of narrowing the field in their current hunt for leakers.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blue2kdave

I wonder if Apple is doing some internal security as well. Setting out wrong info to different groups is one way of narrowing the field in their current hunt for leakers.

that's exactly what i thought, too. drop some dye in the water supply and watch it flow towards the leak, so to speak.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

that's exactly what i thought, too. drop some dye in the water supply and watch it flow towards the leak, so to speak.

i like the way y'all think.

as you mentioned, apple is perhaps seeding various 'threads' of different rumors, and then track where and what turns up downstream... 21st century chinese whispers
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

anyway, good luck to dePlume and his case...

ya i definitely want someone to win a case so they can continue hurting my favorite company. rumors are great, but TS has gone too far. and especially trying to come up with excuses when they're wrong. their ego is way too big and they need to just shut up.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

ya i definitely want someone to win a case so they can continue hurting my favorite company. rumors are great, but TS has gone too far. and especially trying to come up with excuses when they're wrong. their ego is way too big and they need to just shut up.

With the stock at $80+ dollars. 6 billion in the bank and the iPod shuffle and Mac mini backordered just how has Thinksecret hurt Apple?

Rumors are necessary because of Apple's uneven product revisions and their pedantic need for secrecy. Steve Jobs has gotten what he deserves.

If TS has received the information using illegal methods of collecting then fine by all means sue'em to death. But if he's used standard journalistic practices then Apple has nothing to do but cry atop their 6 billion in cash.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

you need to learn to follow your own advice
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

you need to learn to follow your own advice

ya i forgot that expressing my opinion means i have a big ego. sorry.