Buy music from US only?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Can I only buy music from the US music store? I am a big fan of E Nomine but can only find them on the German music store. Is there a way to get it set up to buy from that store as well?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kizoku

Can I only buy music from the US music store? I am a big fan of E Nomine but can only find them on the German music store. Is there a way to get it set up to buy from that store as well?

You'll need a credit card with a German address. Gottal love artificial segregation huh?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kizoku

to bring you some comfort:

and I cannot buy in the US store either; we don't even have the "free title of the week" or that nice compilation of Grammy Winners.

btw: E Nomine, I made a look right now in the German iTMS - wowy, that is what I call "dark mood"
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Yeah thanks for the info. Really hate to have to import it, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get it done.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    As the folks her in NYC say...

sucks to be you!

sorry

• Reply 5 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    It kind of puts things in perspective.

If you're an artist and you want your music listened to by as many people as possible then theoretically the Internet should break down all barriers.

Reality is the distributors are only interested in what gives them the most control and money. Thus iTunes only has licensing for specific countries...we are no better off than before.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Hmm... there are other ways...