BitTorrent Keeps Dropping DSL Connection

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have a problem with BitTorrent where if I download files with BitTorrent for 10-15 minutes, my DSL connection gets dropped.

This is a know issue with BitTorrent that I found here:

http://dessent.net/btfaq/#condrop

There seems to be little in the way of recommended OS X solutions for this problem, the only one being for 10.2 exclusively.

Is anybody familiar with this problem, and if so, do you have any suggested solutions.

Please read the anchored section (not the entire page) in the link I posted before replying.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    man it sucks so much when i'm trying to steal and my stuff doesnt work right!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    If you actually click the link to CarraFix, you'll see that it is 10.3 compatible. That FAQ is pretty old.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

yeah like thats the only thing its used for.... maybe for you eh?

back to the topic at hand, try using azureus and limit the number of connectionsto half of what the default settings are
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by talish

yeah like thats the only thing its used for.... maybe for you eh?

back to the topic at hand, try using azureus and limit the number of connectionsto half of what the default settings are

what legal things are you using it for?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    maybe you should keep your eyes on the prize and stop armchair modding
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

-5 Troll
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I thought I might give an example as to the only times i use bit torrent. So far they have been for Falcon 4.0 and Fedora Core.

F4 Is a massive military flight sim. So realistic it is ridiculous. There are a group of people who have been updating it over the past few years. when massive updates are delivered, on the order of 150 MB - 250MB they use bit torrent as a release. They used to just host the files on the servers, however at one of the last huge releases, someone put their link up too early and got hammered hard. Lesson learned, popular items get torrent files.

With regards to fedora core, can you imagine a site offering a 4.4 GB download!!!!

I don't post often, but I feel that file traders have perverted the original use of bit torrent and people shouldn't assume that the use of technology is always for bad purposes.

\