Funny mock apple iPOD ad

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey,

I'm brand new to the board and I would like to give a big hi and hello to each and every las t stinkin one of ya.

As a welcoming gift, I give to you, the users of appleinsider a link to an hilarious mock apple/iPOD ad.

Its a parody of the "famous" apple commercial from 1984.

Enjoy!

http://www.theroyalwe.org/royal_we_1984.mov

What do you think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Hi,

I think it sucks.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Nice parity. Did Mr. Red Shorts spin the opposite way intentionally? If he did, kudos.

• Reply 3 of 10
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Nice parity. Did Mr. Red Shorts spin the opposite way intentionally? If he did, kudos.

Perhaps you mean ParODY.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I'll need a bit of time to formulate a proper response to the smartass comment.

'Til then, yeaaa, that's what I meant.

OTOH: 2200 Posts! Weeee...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    What was that parody about? That was quite useless.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    Ha you all sound like a bunch of Windows Fanboys whan a new video of Gates crashing a computer at some big show comes out

The guy has abvously only posted there to get more views of his site.

It's true it cuts like a knife but that is what we will have to put up with more frquently as apple saturates the mainstreem more often.

Applaude the guys for making such a quality video, you may not like the content but it is pretty well executed.

Plus for every one of these there are 10 Letterman jokes or white earbuds on the OC or something that makes Apple "cool"

j.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnrp

Ha you all sound like a bunch of Windows Fanboys whan a new video of Gates crashing a computer at some big show comes out

The guy has abvously only posted there to get more views of his site.

It's true it cuts like a knife but that is what we will have to put up with more frquently as apple saturates the mainstreem more often.

Applaude the guys for making such a quality video, you may not like the content but it is pretty well executed.

Plus for every one of these there are 10 Letterman jokes or white earbuds on the OC or something that makes Apple "cool"

j.

I thought the video was amusing. The important thing to remember is that Apple do not have a monopoly of the market. Unlike Windows it's very easy to switch MP3 players. Music from iTMS is different obviously.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Um yeah that's the point.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Um yeah that's the point.

It's a choice to buy music from the iTMS and the fact it only works on iPods is clearly advertised. If they want to switch players they can save all their bought music to CD and convert to MP3. Not too time consuming.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    ha ha ha ha... it was great

iPods rule!!