Maybe Apple needs an iPod sync app?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Personally, I think the syncing end of the iPod is starting to get a little confusing. It's kinda spread all over the place.

- iTunes for music, photos, and iPod shuffle data partioning.

- iSync for contacts and calanders

I understand why Apple built the photo syncing into iTunes because there is not iPhoto for Windows.

Wouldn't it seem nicer if Apple created an application that handled all the iPod's syncronization. You plug in your iPod model and the interface updates to reflect all the settings and items you can sync.

Mike

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by MPMoriarty

Personally, I think the syncing end of the iPod is starting to get a little confusing. It's kinda spread all over the place.

- iTunes for music, photos, and iPod shuffle data partioning.

- iSync for contacts and calanders

I understand why Apple built the photo syncing into iTunes because there is not iPhoto for Windows.

Wouldn't it seem nicer if Apple created an application that handled all the iPod's syncronization. You plug in your iPod model and the interface updates to reflect all the settings and items you can sync.

Mike

well isync does all my stuff automatically, so after my ipod updates automatically with itunes and isync, i only have to make 2 clicks with the mouse to get rid of unwanted windows. its not that big of a deal, but i can see apple bringing all syncing into itunes. its really dumb that the ipod has to be plugged in to adjust the 'ipod' prefs in itunes though.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    sounds great and while you are at it synch across multiple macs.

if you wanted the same authorized songs on 2 macs....

seems logical no?

and it is beginning to annoy me...

• Reply 3 of 3
    I didn't say anything about syncing across multiple Macs.

I was just thinking of an app that could handle all of the iPod's syncing. Now with the iPod photo, the iPod is starting to juggle more than just music. One day it will be movies and other media. Do you really want to have to use iTunes to sync movies to your iPod?

And don't say that if Apple releases a iFlicks type app one day that it will have built in iPod syncing for your movie collection. Because iPhoto is out and you have to use iTunes to sync that library together.