poster program that cuts up the image

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey,

Sorry that my title sucks, but I was wondering if anyone knew about a program or a method to take a large image and have it cut up and printed so that it would fit 8.5x11 sheets of paper. I'm trying to make a huge mural for my visual studies class but I haven't been sucessfull when looking for something.

Thanks

Rob

Comments

• Reply 2 of 8
    That is good except I need something that doesn't rasterbate the image

I think I'll just setup guides in photoshop and print each one seperately.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    alkanenine,

Why don't you just use the "Tile" option from the program you are printing from? This will print out sections only as large as the paper you are printing to, of course you have to put them together in the correct order but it isn't that much of a problem.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    There is an option like that in photoshop? I can't find it :/
  • Reply 5 of 8
    alkanenine,

If you save your PhotoShop image and pull it into Quark Xpress or InDesign you can then print it and Tile it. Most layout programs will allow you to tile your images. You can even pick how much of an overlap you want. Putting them together after you tile them is easy because you have marks and bleed.

I'm surprised that PhotoShop doesn't have that option but then again I guess that Adobe expects you to print from InDesign. Hope that helps.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
  • Reply 7 of 8
    thanks everyone
  • Reply 8 of 8
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    Graphic Converter also has an option to tile an image to a printer.