iPod Will Not Function After Installing 2005-2-23

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just installed the new update for my iPod (G3) and now it will not do anything at all. It will not power up when I push any buttons or when I plug it into my computer (PC running WinXP). Also, I plugged it directly into the wall to see if the battery was just dead but again nothing happened.

Has anyone else had similar problems or heard of them? Am I just the lucky one to have a problem from this update or is there a problem with it?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my ipod working again?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by TB6387

I just installed the new update for my iPod (G3) and now it will not do anything at all. It will not power up when I push any buttons or when I plug it into my computer (PC running WinXP). Also, I plugged it directly into the wall to see if the battery was just dead but again nothing happened.

Has anyone else had similar problems or heard of them? Am I just the lucky one to have a problem from this update or is there a problem with it?

Thanks.

you can probably find an answer on the "discussion" forums here Apple Support
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by TB6387

Thanks.

were you plugged in (and charging) the entire time you were updating?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

were you plugged in (and charging) the entire time you were updating?

Yes, it was plugged in via the 6-pin firewire cord so it was charging while I was updating.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I left my iPod unplugged to sit overnight and tried it this morning and it works. I was hoping it would do that but I am still wondering what could have happened. Could it have been a heat issue, I had the ipod in an iskin while it was plugged in, perhaps that could have had something to do with it.