Cartoon Animator, anyone?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Does anyone have a copy of Cartoon Animator (Mac version) by Jeremy Wood?

I've tried Google, but it returned only gave nonsense hyperlinks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    rashrash Posts: 14member
    Jeremy Wood sent me an e-mail msg. Cartoon Animator is now called Curly, and can be downloaded from:

http://homepage.mac.com/bricolage1/software/

Thanks for that, Jeremy
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    What is Cartoon Animator?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    rashrash Posts: 14member
    From the manual of Curly:

Quote:

Curly is a simple tool to create still images, QuickTime movies, or animated gifs. Built on top of Java2D, it offers transparencies, gradients, styled text, splined curves, vector-based animation, and many many more big words.

Let me emphasize what Curly can and can't do:

- Curly is great at making still, vector-based images. (That is, images composed of lots of shapes and layers of objects).

- Curly is great at making single-subject animations. See the donut at the bottom of the page? That's a single subject.

- Curly is not_good at multiple-subject animations. If you wanted a scene with a flying donut and a jumping frog, Curly is not the best choice. It's only good at animating one object at a time.

This program used to be known as "The Cartoon Editor", but I changed the name because I'm working with a company now to develop another program by that name. The new program will have timeline based animation, multiple soundtracks, work with multiple-subjects, and lots of other cool features. It should be ready by fall of 2005.

Is that enough for you?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Quote:

Originally posted by RASH

From the manual of Curly:

Is that enough for you?

Yeah, thanks.