Bluetooth 2.0

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I just bought the new powerbook with BT 2.0. So now will Apple make a better Wireless Mouse? Perhaps one that doesn't skip all over the place or possibly 800dpi for decent tracking.

Has anyone tried "The Mouse BT" by MacMice. It sounds like a good mouse???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 37
    It isn't very good from my experience. I had it for a week and at that point when I put my computer to sleep it became un-paired. I had to go into the bluetooth settings and re-pair it everytime. So, I returned that and got a Logitech MX1000. Now that is an awesome mouse!
  • Reply 2 of 37
    Yeah, I have one, but I can't lug it around...
  • Reply 3 of 37
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

It isn't very good from my experience. I had it for a week and at that point when I put my computer to sleep it became un-paired. I had to go into the bluetooth settings and re-pair it everytime. So, I returned that and got a Logitech MX1000. Now that is an awesome mouse!

I tried it out but the tracking was awful. I've had a bad experience of Logitech mice. Their software is pants.

(900th post, yipee)
  • Reply 4 of 37
    MX1000 is the best mouse available on earth. It was the most exciting event in a long time to plug this baby in. It was like the first time I ever used a mouse. Fantastic! So fast, no LAG at all. and so detailed. I'm a mouse nazi and this is the first mouse in 5 years I actually endorse. Stay away from anything Kensington wireless they suck! (I own 5 kensington wireless ones :-( but I bought 2 of the MX1000!

Quote:

• Reply 5 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

MX1000 is the best mouse available on earth. It was the most exciting event in a long time to plug this baby in. It was like the first time I ever used a mouse. Fantastic! So fast, no LAG at all. and so detailed. I'm a mouse nazi and this is the first mouse in 5 years I actually endorse. Stay away from anything Kensington wireless they suck! (I own 5 kensington wireless ones :-( but I bought 2 of the MX1000!

maybe I'll have to retry with my PowerBook.
  • Reply 6 of 37
    MacCrazy, you might want to try slowing it down slightly. It was a little on the quick side for me, but that was easily remedied by changing the tracking speed. But, I love having all those programmable buttons. Full expose, page back and forth, etc. at my fingers is superbe!
  • Reply 7 of 37
    I have the MX1000. It is great. It is not portable. I use the Apple Wireless because I cannot find anything that works better. I have the V500 Notebook mouse, but after a few minutes it is very uncomfortable.
  • Reply 8 of 37
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    I also notice the Apple BT mouse becomes extremely unresponsive when transferring large files via wireless. You?d think Apple would test these things before releasing. Not to concerned about it ever since Logitech released the MX1000, great mouse!
  • Reply 9 of 37
    Is there a really great BT mouse that fits in a griefcase easily other than Apple Wireless mouse?
  • Reply 10 of 37
    Quote:

MacCrazy, you might want to try slowing it down slightly. It was a little on the quick side for me, but that was easily remedied by changing the tracking speed. But, I love having all those programmable buttons. Full expose, page back and forth, etc. at my fingers is superbe!

yeah but when the software is installed the tracking changes at start-up and you have to keep on changing it, It's very fast but slowing it down does help. I'm looking for a mouse for my laptop. I want a wireless mouse to go with my bluetooth keyboard. I tried the V500 but it's too small and no exposé buttons. I've a got a MX500 and that's perfect, apart from the wires. I want a wireless mouse suitable for desk use and portable, with butons galore and a decent scroll wheel (M$ mice have horrible wheel - and the V500 is awful)
  • Reply 11 of 37
    Quote:

eah but when the software is installed the tracking changes at start-up and you have to keep on changing it, It's very fast but slowing it down does help. I'm looking for a mouse for my laptop. I want a wireless mouse to go with my bluetooth keyboard. I tried the V500 but it's too small and no exposé buttons. I've a got a MX500 and that's perfect, apart from the wires. I want a wireless mouse suitable for desk use and portable, with butons galore and a decent scroll wheel (M$ mice have horrible wheel - and the V500 is awful)

Thats what I want too.
  • Reply 12 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by pbaker05

Thats what I want too.

It's a shame could Apple could make a perfect mouse if they had more than one button. Well my PowerBook has scrolling trackpad, that's brilliant, no mouse needed, I suppose.
  • Reply 13 of 37
    Apple BT mouse would be perfect if it didn't skip.
  • Reply 14 of 37
    Do any other companies make decent one button mice? I know it probably sounds crazy but I actually prefer having only one button

I agree with pbaker05, the apple wireless mouse is pretty good - bar the skipping.
  • Reply 15 of 37
    I saw that Logitech V500 with "hard" scroll wheel. If Apple's BT mouse had that it would be awesome! It wouldn't deter from the design, as its like a trackpad in essence, especially if they made it white!
  • Reply 16 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by danielctull

I saw that Logitech V500 with "hard" scroll wheel. If Apple's BT mouse had that it would be awesome! It wouldn't deter from the design, as its like a trackpad in essence, especially if they made it white!

Logitech's wheels are the most accurate, you can feel it clicking and know exactly how much the screen will move. These touch sensitive things aren't very accurate.
  • Reply 17 of 37
    rbrrbr Posts: 631member
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

I got an MX1000 and like the mouse, but the software sucked. The mouse has continued to skip (on a mouse rug) and be a PITA. Logitech has a new receiver/base on the way to see if that cures the problem. I suppose that I will have to try their software again after installing the new receiver to see if it was a hardware problem rather than just a software problem.

My $20 Kensington with a cord performs much better on any objective scale, but I still like the darn thing.

Logitech's customer service is not very good and they do not test their software in any meaningful way. According to CS today the last version of OS X that they tested the thing on was 10.3.5. Sheesh! By the way, the sideways scrolling simply does not work with their software for the Mac.

I am presently using USB Overdrive and hope that the developer will be able to devote time to update it sometime soon to cover all of the options that are available with the MX1000.
  • Reply 18 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by RBR

I got an MX1000 and like the mouse, but the software sucked. The mouse has continued to skip (on a mouse rug) and be a PITA. Logitech has a new receiver/base on the way to see if that cures the problem. I suppose that I will have to try their software again after installing the new receiver to see if it was a hardware problem rather than just a software problem.

My $20 Kensington with a cord performs much better on any objective scale, but I still like the darn thing.

Logitech's customer service is not very good and they do not test their software in any meaningful way. According to CS today the last version of OS X that they tested the thing on was 10.3.5. Sheesh! By the way, the sideways scrolling simply does not work with their software for the Mac.

I am presently using USB Overdrive and hope that the developer will be able to devote time to update it sometime soon to cover all of the options that are available with the MX1000.

I emailed customer service previously and they said, "oh yeah, we don't support 10.3.4" I was thoroughly pissed off. Hopefully they have Tiger support - then I'll buy their mouse.
  • Reply 19 of 37
    pbaker05pbaker05 Posts: 143member
    All Apple needs to do is improve the acuracy of their wireless mouse and I will be the happiest camper out thre. I don't need fifty million buttons, just one good one. But I do want accurate tracking!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 20 of 37
    I just got an Apple BT mouse and haven't experienced any skipping. I do miss the scrollwheel from my usb mouse though.