Extracting Album Art from iTunes?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Is it possible? When I upload all of my CD's the album art does not appear. Only when I buy music from iTunes. Is there anyway to go to the artists CD on iTunes and use that album art so when I get my new photo is shows up?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by nd32k3

Is it possible? When I upload all of my CD's the album art does not appear. Only when I buy music from iTunes. Is there anyway to go to the artists CD on iTunes and use that album art so when I get my new photo is shows up?

you can use an applescript like this to make a playlist of all your songs without artwork. then use fetchArt (check versiontracker) and select that new playlist as the source for it to search amazon.com. it then downloads the art and imports it into itunes for you.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    I have good luck using Amazon's album art. Its smaller than what iTunes provides, but still provides the visual. I don't have an iPod photo, but I would imagine that both sizes would look fine on the small screen.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kishan

I have good luck using Amazon's album art. Its smaller than what iTunes provides, but still provides the visual. I don't have an iPod photo, but I would imagine that both sizes would look fine on the small screen.

yup, even really crappy ones look the same. I might have to use an Apple script myself. I'm manually managing them at the mo!!