Buy EM!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Now if Pixar teamed up with Apple and some buy out firms they could take Disney private. That maybe only the way for Pixar to stop Disney. Buy them, with some help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 46
    you don't know what you're talking about.
  • Reply 2 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

you don't know what you're talking about.

rude, but true
  • Reply 3 of 46
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    It's a world of Macintosh

A world of ease

It's a world of hype

And the world belongs to Apple

There's so much that we share

That it's time we're aware

It's a small Mac world after all

It's a small, small Mac world

Can't wait to drop on that ride......
  • Reply 4 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by ogunda

Now if Pixar teamed up with Apple and some buy out firms they could take Disney private. That maybe only the way for Pixar to stop Disney. Buy them, with some help.

uh i think disney's sh****ness speaks for itself. Pixar wont need to "stop" them.
  • Reply 5 of 46
    Spooky, it's a small world is closed for improvements. hmmmmm.

I don't think I was rude, direct, not rude.

Buy out some firms? Take Disney private? Those are two clues to someone who's doesn't know what they are talking about.

If it was a post in a thread I would have walked on....but ogunda started a thread that seems to be based on the fact that Pixar must stop Disney, which along with "taking Disney private" is lunacy, or someone who's just doesn't have a clue.

Sorry.
  • Reply 6 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

Spooky, it's a small world is closed for improvements. hmmmmm.

I don't think I was rude, direct, not rude.

Buy out some firms? Take Disney private? Those are two clues to someone who's doesn't know what they are talking about.

If it was a post in a thread I would have walked on....but ogunda started a thread that seems to be based on the fact that Pixar must stop Disney, which along with "taking Disney private" is lunacy, or someone who's just doesn't have a clue.

Sorry.

I was thrown with EM, EM records? Anyway, half of these threads are ridiculous to stay the least; Apple to buy Tivo, Apple should bail out Leica, Apple should buy the Pez dispenser patent, whatever good for a laugh on a cold Monday afternoon.
  • Reply 7 of 46
    Bizarre again....I used to work for EMI.
  • Reply 8 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

Apple should buy the Pez dispenser patent

Ha they could use them in the retails stores

Big ones for iPods (Jobs head)

Massive ones for Mac Mini (Ive head)

• Reply 9 of 46
    Buy em is short slang for buy them!!!
  • Reply 10 of 46
    By the way; for all the dumb ass comments, it was a suggestion. Pixar is having problems with Disney. Disney plans to make future versions of Pixar's films with or without them. Disney may tarnish Pixar's reputation by doing this. My suggestion was for Pixar to team with Apple and others. Apple has the cash to do a huge purchase plus Apple's market value of 35 Billion. Investors like my self have seen reverse buyouts such as this. Remember Cap-cities/ABC that was purchased by a smaller rival Disney. It can happen.
  • Reply 11 of 46
    so your suggesting Apple's stockholders should be asked to buy out Disney (and well they still couldn't afford it) for Pixar's shareholders benefit. .....and take Disney private.

Besides, losing Pixar is Disney's problem. For Mr. Eisner It's probably the straw that broke the camel's back. How are they going to replace that revenue? Pixar's future is rosy. If Pixar was really concerned with the viability of their properties they could have re-upped with Disney for a minimal distribution fee.

But here's my little tip for the day....Once Eisner is gone (jobs despises Eisner)

Pixar signs a new deal with Disney for a decent distribution fee, but also a major portion of all revenue from marketing schemes.

Jobs hates Eisner, I don't think he hates Disney. His message was clear, Eisner-disney is a no go. Get rid of him if you want to maintain a relationship.
  • Reply 12 of 46
    I would love to see him gone from Disney, but they are making sequals now without Pixar. This can also be a big thing for Apple. Apple needs content for the future imovie store.
  • Reply 13 of 46
    ummm Mike Eisner is leaving Disney this year.

and some ficticious apple movie has nothing to do with any of this.

jesus why did i start to take you serious after your first post? stupid monkey!
  • Reply 14 of 46
    O.K. this isn't funny anymore. Please stop.
  • Reply 15 of 46
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

I was thrown with EM, EM records? Anyway, half of these threads are ridiculous to stay the least; Apple to buy Tivo, Apple should bail out Leica, Apple should buy the Pez dispenser patent, whatever good for a laugh on a cold Monday afternoon.

Ipod Shuffle Pez dispenser!

Yea!!

• Reply 16 of 46
    Mr. stupid monkey. You have such a bad mouth and just a small bit of intelligence. Your way of speaking sounds like your way of writing - idiotic! You give little credibility to anything whether imagination or truth. My basis of my story was on the possible solutions to Pixar's situation. You think small, think big. This can benefit Apple too. They hold stakes in companies they do little business with. I can name a few. ARM, Akami, Samsung, IDG...
  • Reply 17 of 46
    Note to everyone sane reading this thread, read the book DISNEYWAR by James B. Stewart to find the connection between Steve Jobs, Pixar, Disney & Eisner.

signed,

mr. stupid monkey
  • Reply 18 of 46
    Quote:

Mr. stupid monkey. You have such a bad mouth and just a small bit of intelligence. Your way of speaking sounds like your way of writing - idiotic! You give little credibility to anything whether imagination or truth. My basis of my story was on the possible solutions to Pixar's situation. You think small, think big. This can benefit Apple too. They hold stakes in companies they do little business with. I can name a few. ARM, Akami, Samsung, IDG...

Mr. Ogunda, on this board we have an unwritten rule that you must have at least 100 post before name-calling. Now as a representative to the ?Intergalactic Forum Watch? it is my duty to inform you that you are in violation of this rule. We kindly request you desist in your ongoing quest to drop or I.Q. by 20. That being said, STUPID HEAD!
  • Reply 19 of 46
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

It's a world of Macintosh

A world of ease

It's a world of hype

And the world belongs to Apple

There's so much that we share

That it's time we're aware

It's a small, small Mac world

Can't wait to drop on that ride......

dude, totally have you seen that simpsons episode? where they go to duff gardens or something? and then bart dares lisa to drink the water in the "it's a small beer world" ride. lisa drinks it and then trips out big time *sigh* brings a smile to my mind thinking of such one of many excellent simpsons episodes...

personally i have not tried hallucinogens, my mental state is already somewhat fragile after only a several tastes of that green stuff and that pill that makes you feel really happy when listening to loud dance music

green stuff + fine-tuned mac system = great artistic output though i would say... not 'commercial' artistic though, just 'artistic'
  • Reply 20 of 46
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

By the way; for all the dumb ass comments, it was a suggestion. Pixar is having problems with Disney. Disney plans to make future versions of Pixar's films with or without them. Disney may tarnish Pixar's reputation by doing this. My suggestion was for Pixar to team with Apple and others. Apple has the cash to do a huge purchase plus Apple's market value of 35 Billion. Investors like my self have seen reverse buyouts such as this. Remember Cap-cities/ABC that was purchased by a smaller rival Disney. It can happen.

hi ogunda, monkey, relic, and others that have attempted to understand this thread... while ogunda has been rather abrasive he has raised a point for Apple and Pixar fans to consider:

that if indeed Disney owns the rights to Pixar characters they could well go ahead with crappy ass sequels that would butcher those Toy Story, Monsters, Incredibles franchises and possibly damage Pixar's image

the question then becomes (and ogunda, perhaps here is where our forum members might have engaged in a bit more discussion), what can and what will Pixar do about this?

Will Pixar buyout Disney just to protect its beloved characters? In my opinion, no, that's very bloody unlikely though I would find it cool to watch if that actually happened.

Will Pixar be hella pissed off if Disney butchers its beloved characters? You bet your ass they will be.. Steve, John Lasseter, and that Larry Bird or something guy (Pixar bigwigs) will NOT be happy

edit: that should be "Brad Bird" not Larry Bird