Buy EM!

Comments

• Reply 21 of 46
    blue2kdaveblue2kdave Posts: 652member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

[B]I don't think I was rude, direct, not rude.[B]

Yeah, rude might be the wrong word. But to me it read as little abrupt. Seems like when something like this gets posted around here by a new member, they usually get some gentle nudges towards the right direction...
  • Reply 22 of 46
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blue2kdave

Yeah, rude might be the wrong word. But to me it read as little abrupt. Seems like when something like this gets posted around here by a new member, they usually get some gentle nudges towards the right direction...

Yeah, gentle I was just being silly, I'm sure there is something to this Disney - Apple relationship. I for one would love to see an Apple store in Tomorrow Land that would defiantly be cool. ?Come on kids were going to Disneyland to buy a iMac" .
  • Reply 23 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by blue2kdave

I'd have been nicer if his first post had made any sense whatsoever, nobody has enough money to take Disney private.

But my main point is Jobs absolutely adores Disney, he hates Eisner. I think he's a large reason Eisner is being forced out. (their are plenty of others)

If Disney was just Disney and not a huge media conglomerate he'd be a great person to run it. But right now Disney is kind of a big mess.

Indeed I felt a little bad but the rest of his posts have proven me right.

Apple/Pixar needs to buy Disney to provide content for the online movie store. Indeed.

• Reply 24 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

Yeah, gentle I was just being silly, I'm sure there is something to this Disney - Apple relationship. I for one would love to see an Apple store in Tomorrow Land that would defiantly be cool. ?Come on kids were going to Disneyland to buy a iMac" .

Kodak has a big exhibit in Epcot that at was at one time devoted to film, it's now devoted to digital imaging but everything in the building is klunky and has really awkward interfaces.

As I walked out I kind of daydreamed of an exhibit on the same scale put on by Apple. It could be mind blowing to the average joe.
  • Reply 25 of 46
    Quote:

Kodak has a big exhibit in Epcot that at was at one time devoted to film, it's now devoted to digital imaging but everything in the building is klunky and has really awkward interfaces.

As I walked out I kind of daydreamed of an exhibit on the same scale put on by Apple. It could be mind blowing to the average joe.

I was their 3 years ago and IBM had a pretty nice exhibit, my dad went out and bought a Thinkpad T40 the very next day. Apple could make a killing there.

My favorite exhibit was the Coke Artic station mockup, it was like a hundred degrees outside with 80% humidity, we stayed in there for 2 hours drinking all the soda samples.
  • Reply 26 of 46
    ogundaogunda Posts: 22member
    I don't understand you guys. You can name call, but I can't. Seems to me you are all fools.
  • Reply 27 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by ogunda

I don't understand you guys. You can name call, but I can't. Seems to me you are all fools.

Silly rabbit tricks are for kids.
  • Reply 28 of 46
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

chill bro, see blue2kdave's post above... he was asking the more 'senior' posters to be nicer to 'new' people like you

and i was trying to frame your point in a way the more 'senior' people may be encouraged to join in discussing your point, which was, for example as i saw it, Disney may f8ck up Pixar's creations, so would Apple/Pixar buy Disney to prevent this from happening...?

AppleInsider is full of Love, my main man... it's all cool bro
  • Reply 29 of 46
    Quote:

when exactly were you called a name?
  • Reply 30 of 46
    Quote:

when exactly were you called a name?

i think Relic called him Stupid Head
  • Reply 31 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

i think Relic called him Stupid Head

It was a joke, he called "I'm spanking my Monkey" or whatever his name is, a fool. I was just making light of a situation. He needs to calm down and relies the ancient old saying, ?Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me?.

LOVE & PEACE for everyone, except the Axis of Evil, those guys make me so angry
  • Reply 32 of 46
    I thought the swiss were neutral.
  • Reply 33 of 46
    Quote:

I thought the swiss were neutral.

Only when it fits are needs.
  • Reply 34 of 46
    Stupid issue and stupid subject are what I have been feeling from all the comments. My initial subject was to solve a problem Steve Jobs has. It was a suggestion and not idiotic at all. I am just writing my ideas. That's it. Nothing more or less. Whether it was too big for some to understand, but I took all the negative thought as rudeness and not proactive.

"Mr. Ogunda, on this board we have an unwritten rule that you must have at least 100 post before name-calling. Now as a representative to the ?Intergalactic Forum Watch? it is my duty to inform you that you are in violation of this rule. We kindly request you desist in your ongoing quest to drop or I.Q. by 20. That being said, STUPID HEAD!"
  • Reply 35 of 46
    For Apple and Pixar too be a real contender they need much more content control. Look at Apple's new problem with the record labels seeking to raise prices. Steve is fuming. He needs content. He can't get into cable because Microsoft dominates the pipelines with Windows software. He needs Quicktime to be a bigger player. DVR also is another issue that has come up recently that led people to believe Apple may purchase TIVO. Content! Content! Content! is king.
  • Reply 36 of 46
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

For Apple and Pixar too be a real contender they need much more content control. Look at Apple's new problem with the record labels seeking to raise prices. Steve is fuming. He needs content. He can't get into cable because Microsoft dominates the pipelines with Windows software. He needs Quicktime to be a bigger player. DVR also is another issue that has come up recently that led people to believe Apple may purchase TIVO. Content! Content! Content! is king.

I love it when threads start looking like the side of a Dr. Bronner's container.

HD and HD-DVD (either kind) will be shaking things up quite a bit - MPEG-4 is pulling that train, and guess who has the best MPEG-4 solution from creation to viewing? Apple. MS? Not so much. Guess what almost all DVRs run for an OS? Linux. Much closer to MacOS X than Windows.

The pieces are coming into play quite nicely.
  • Reply 37 of 46
    Quote:

Stupid issue and stupid subject are what I have been feeling from all the comments. My initial subject was to solve a problem Steve Jobs has. It was a suggestion and not idiotic at all. I am just writing my ideas. That's it. Nothing more or less. Whether it was too big for some to understand, but I took all the negative thought as rudeness and not proactive.

"Mr. Ogunda, on this board we have an unwritten rule that you must have at least 100 post before name-calling. Now as a representative to the ?Intergalactic Forum Watch? it is my duty to inform you that you are in violation of this rule. We kindly request you desist in your ongoing quest to drop or I.Q. by 20. That being said, STUPID HEAD!"

Dude chill, my thoughts on this forum, though sometimes offensive in nature, can't possibly be that offending . It was a joke (hint: read the earlier posts!), you know funny funny. Sorry, I appogise, Disney ? Apple, why not, I mean shitt Compaq and HP did it.
  • Reply 38 of 46
    blue2kdaveblue2kdave Posts: 652member
    Quote:

AppleInsider is full of Love, my main man... it's all cool bro

yeah, everyone just chill out, and feel the mini iLove
  • Reply 39 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

I love it when threads start looking like the side of a Dr. Bronner's container.

HD and HD-DVD (either kind) will be shaking things up quite a bit - MPEG-4 is pulling that train, and guess who has the best MPEG-4 solution from creation to viewing? Apple. MS? Not so much. Guess what almost all DVRs run for an OS? Linux. Much closer to MacOS X than Windows.

The pieces are coming into play quite nicely.

while i generally agree, most people wouldn't like a nice fat blue screen of death in the middle of a cliffhanger episode of Alias or Lost or whatever ;-p

*lighs up a ciggie* so, mr. kickaha, you don't feel the least bit threatened by microsoft internet tv tests with cable companies and stuff happening now?

LONG LIVE iTMS...! some days i wake up and have to pinch myself that Apple has kicked such major butt with iPod and a great and popular(!) online music store...
  • Reply 40 of 46
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

so, mr. kickaha, you don't feel the least bit threatened by microsoft internet tv tests with cable companies and stuff happening now?

One word: WebTV. They signed up every cable company in the country. Where did it go? Nowhere.

Windows Media Center is following it closely.