Just got a 40GB iPod Photo for $349...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey guys,

just letting you know that I just picked up a 40GB iPod photo from the Apple Store in Novi.

I originally went into the store to get a 30GB + case + dock + AV cable which would have put me well over the $350 mark. Just before I was about to buy the cashier said they had some old 40 giggers left. I said how much- $349 with my educational discount!

Now- they better release the software update for older iPod photos for the camera download thing or someone's gonna be majorly pissed because thats the reason why I bought the photo.

So check out your Apple Store 'cause you might be able to get a good discount on an older model.

Peace.

p.s. I'm selling my old 4GB green mini. I'll take $140-150 for it. I also have a mini dock, iTrip mini, Griffin PowerPod, and the iM3 inMotion speakers.

I'll sell the whole bundle if someone makes a good offer.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    buy.com has the 40 gig ipod photo with free shipping for $359.99 with a $20 discount! for $339.99 and free shipping!

g
  • Reply 2 of 13
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

Hey guys,

just letting you know that I just picked up a 40GB iPod photo from the Apple Store in Novi.

I originally went into the store to get a 30GB + case + dock + AV cable which would have put me well over the $350 mark. Just before I was about to buy the cashier said they had some old 40 giggers left. I said how much- $349 with my educational discount!

Now- they better release the software update for older iPod photos for the camera download thing or someone's gonna be majorly pissed because thats the reason why I bought the photo.

So check out your Apple Store 'cause you might be able to get a good discount on an older model.

Peace.

p.s. I'm selling my old 4GB green mini. I'll take $140-150 for it. I also have a mini dock, iTrip mini, Griffin PowerPod, and the iM3 inMotion speakers.

I'll sell the whole bundle if someone makes a good offer.

well you got a great deal until you consider the fact that you bought an ipod with functionality you're not sure it will have. and the 30GB ipod photos are much thinner.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

well you got a great deal until you consider the fact that you bought an ipod with functionality you're not sure it will have. and the 30GB ipod photos are much thinner.

the current software on the iPod photos is the same. There is no hardware difference between the current models either. The future camera connector will connect fine, don;t worry.

Also 10GB is better than thinner.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

Like MacCrazy said, the hardware is the exact same. Plus the new photo's are running the same version as the old ones- they're going to have to do an update as well to use the USB dongle.

Plus- I got all of the accessories + 10 gigs for cheaper than it would have cost me to get the 30GB + accessories.

I'm really enjoying it so far- I was out at the bar this weekend with some friends and was about to share some pics from a trip we all took during the summer- it was great!

Plus I just discovered podcasting- what a wonderful thing!

-taco
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:

Like MacCrazy said, the hardware is the exact same. Plus the new photo's are running the same version as the old ones- they're going to have to do an update as well to use the USB dongle.

Plus- I got all of the accessories + 10 gigs for cheaper than it would have cost me to get the 30GB + accessories.

I'm really enjoying it so far- I was out at the bar this weekend with some friends and was about to share some pics from a trip we all took during the summer- it was great!

Plus I just discovered podcasting- what a wonderful thing!

-taco

Another happy Mac customer!
  • Reply 6 of 13
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

Another happy Mac customer!

Damn right I'm a happy mac customer! I've been bring down the mac house sense 2001.

Read the sig.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

Damn right I'm a happy mac customer! I've been bring down the mac house sense 2001.

Read the sig.

• Reply 8 of 13
    Well, I thought I got a good deal! I ordered the 40 from buy.com... they still haven't shipped it and say they have 11 days later! I've been billed but no ipod...they suck! I'm so pissed I should have just ordered from apple. BEWARE OF BUY.com, if you do have a problem they don't want to help you at all! So it wasn't that great of a deal after all. It was a replacement for my 2nd gen ipod that is busted!

ng
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by namachtag

Well, I thought I got a good deal! I ordered the 40 from buy.com... they still haven't shipped it and say they have 11 days later! I've been billed but no ipod...they suck! I'm so pissed I should have just ordered from apple. BEWARE OF BUY.com, if you do have a problem they don't want to help you at all! So it wasn't that great of a deal after all. It was a replacement for my 2nd gen ipod that is busted!

ng

Ordered from buy.com on Friday - shipped on Friday. 339 for the 40GB photo incl. accessories. Great deal, fast shipping (even though the free shipping option does say it could take two weeks), and did I mention a great deal?
  • Reply 10 of 13
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I just picked up the last 40GB iPod at any Best Buy near me for $379. Yeah, not the cheapest of any out there, but a heck of a lot better than the $484 Apple Store price for a 30GB plus everything else that I got included...and I got 10GB more storage!

And apparently Best Buy's $49 3-year warranty covers a bad battery, too. Sounds like Best Buy's PSP trumps AppleCare. :-\\
  • Reply 11 of 13
    lgnomelgnome Posts: 81member
    Quote:

Read the sig.

well, since a pissing contest has commenced. lol...

84!
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by LGnome

84!

I wasn't alive then.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LGnome

84!

84?

my father bought a philips ibm clone with an amber monochrome screen.

when i learned i had to use some kind of code, more difficult than the code you had to use for a commodore 64, to activate the machine, i thought it was the stupidest thing i ever had seen in my life.

in 1990 i first used a mac on school. it sucked, but wow, this was what i wanted to see, back in 1984.

and then nothing... till 1997:

a dell black performa 5400/180 and it was mine.

[on topic]

wow, 40GB iPod photo for $349...

someone i know was happy as a child when she bought her 40GB G4 for ?350 last week. (i think i don't tell her this)