Alias Season 3 Finale: Help: What The HELL is Going On?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
WARNING: Season 3 finale + season 4 episode 1 SPOILERS HERE ...................

okay it's me with another tv question. just had a fight with my parents, okay, sorted out, then i look forward to sitting down to Season 3 Alias finale....

and i *ahem* 'have' Season 4 episode 1 .... and i saw the 1st half hour

okay, now someone please tell me the whole Rambaldi mystery thing gets picked up again in season 4 i really got into Alias in the middle of season 3 because of that, not just the general spy stuff or just because jennifer garner is yummy...

like at the end of Season 3 did sloane and his daughter find rambaldi's sphere of consciousness thing or whatever???? or do we continue with that in Season 4 ???

ARGHGHGHGH

all help appreciated, just a simple yes/no to my question will do... that is, will the rambaldi thing be a major part of season 4 or not??

ps... it was pretty sweet when finally Sark got beaten up good and then Lauren was 86ed permanently... although Melissa George, who plays Lauren, is a really good australian actress....

okay thanks and later peoples...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    No spoilers: The transition from season 3 to 4 was laaaaammme. It really seems to boil down to an excuse to keep all the regulars together and show off a new set design.

I fear a Chris Carter effect kicking in. What's that? Chris Carter created 'The X-Files' and it was good. While that series rolled on he created 'Millennium' (starring Terry O'Quinn) and it was very good. Prodigiously, he started 'Harsh Realm' (starring Terry O'Quinn) which needed time to grow, but Fox said 'Nay' and smote the child. Meanwhile, the quality of the older children began to wane without the tutelage of its father. Millennium got canceled also (sigh) and XF began to royally suck.

Exact same thing happened to 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' as Joss Whedon went on to create 'Angel' and then 'Firefly.'

So 'Alias' (guest starring Terry O'Quinn) is meandering as J.J. Abrams start up 'Lost' (especially starring Terry O'Quinn). Recent episodes seem to be gearing up the Rambaldi preordained fight against her sister. If so, it will have to outdo the Sydney-vs.-Evil-Francie fight.

These guys need to learn the lesson of J. Michael Straczynski of 'Babylon 5': Make a "bible" and have your writers stick to it and don't go off creating new shows until you properly finish the last one.

Conclusion: Screed watches waaay too much tellie.

Screed ...I blame Terry O'Quinn
  • Reply 2 of 7
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Yep, the first few episodes from season 4 were very average. It felt as if Abrams needed to buy himself some time to figure out a direction for this season... maybe he was too caught up in Lost. As Screed said, there's bits and pieces of picking up the Rambaldi plot line in the last episode or two, so hopefully things will begin to start rolling again.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    ...and Gina Torres is back. You. Must. Respect. Mrs. Morpheus!

Screed
  • Reply 4 of 7
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    hey thanks people... yeah too much TV can't be too good for you

yeah i must admit transition season3 to season4 was terrible then... i think i got way into the rambaldi thing, that was most interesting, like i said not the general spy-stuff plot stuff

ah well anyway over where i am satellite TV is premiering Lost in 1 or 2 weeks so i'll cut jj abrams some slack, give alias a break, and get into a bit of Lost

i agree babylon5 and for me, startrek:ds9 has for sci-fi, the tightest story arcs and real sensible 5 seasons and 7 seasons respectively... i stopped watching x-files after like, season 5, can't believe it went on for quite a few seasons after that, surprisingly
  • Reply 5 of 7
    yo peoples, nah it's all cool... just finished watching alias season 4 episode 1 and 2...

*SPOILER WARNING FOR EPISODE 1 + 2 of SEASON 4**********

kicks ass. really twisted stuff. now the Chosen One and the Passenger are working on the same team under Sloane?? heh heh that's messed up

Rambaldi mythology plot is back in the scene... its (the consciousness sphere) 'being kept in US custody' usually means the writers have put it temporary on hold until something like (a) evil terrorist group steals it or (b) sloane activates it again or (c) it starts to tie up with some other Season 4 storylines

it's all cool. and i love HDTV widescreen instead of Standard Def 4:3

ah peace y'al... i'll be seeing Lost premier in two weeks time on Sat. TV

good nite........
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Season 4 of ALIAS is meant to be a Season 1 for LOST crossovers. Yes, it would be nice if ABC would just let J.J. finish what he was doing before starting his new show, but the problem is ALIAS wasn't being watched enough to leave on.

So they concocted a cool idea. Have the producer create another show, deliver a hit, have it promote ALIAS. It worked for a few week until AMERICAN DIAHHREA came back on Fox. Now the audience gained has been... sorry J.J... lost...

What it meant for fans of ALIAS is that in Season 4 was a rebirth for the show. A forget everything you know so we can start again. This wasn't done for us, but LOST crossovers. The show seemed odd and stiff. As the season has progressed, though, everything we were asked to forget is coming back again... as it should. It's Season 4, not 1.

We've entered an age where TV on DVD is frankly much easier to watch. So shows surviving on ratings may not be a wise way to make profitable DVD sets later. The dwindling ratings to ALIAS may finally kill it this year. The show seems to have a final season left in it, Season 5, if and when they bring back Syd's mom~ which they will. The doth protest too much....

I'm amazed ABC has let it stay so long. Shows as good, if better, canned in a season or two.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Vana Nisitor

Season 4 of ALIAS is meant to be a Season 1 for LOST crossovers. Yes, it would be nice if ABC would just let J.J. finish what he was doing before starting his new show, but the problem is ALIAS wasn't being watched enough to leave on.

So they concocted a cool idea. Have the producer create another show, deliver a hit, have it promote ALIAS. It worked for a few week until AMERICAN DIAHHREA came back on Fox. Now the audience gained has been... sorry J.J... lost...

What it meant for fans of ALIAS is that in Season 4 was a rebirth for the show. A forget everything you know so we can start again. This wasn't done for us, but LOST crossovers. The show seemed odd and stiff. As the season has progressed, though, everything we were asked to forget is coming back again... as it should. It's Season 4, not 1.

We've entered an age where TV on DVD is frankly much easier to watch. So shows surviving on ratings may not be a wise way to make profitable DVD sets later. The dwindling ratings to ALIAS may finally kill it this year. The show seems to have a final season left in it, Season 5, if and when they bring back Syd's mom~ which they will. The doth protest too much....

I'm amazed ABC has let it stay so long. Shows as good, if better, canned in a season or two.

you a startrek: ds9 fan ??? hmmmm?? i saw nana visitor at e3 2000 in LA, signing for some star trek ds9 game... i was too shy (and the queue was too long) to approach her or anythin...

okay yeah... anyway i agree with Tivo, DVRs, DVD, cable/satellite TV syndication for us not in the USA, plus upcoming video-on-demand and this thing shall we say, starts with Bit and ends with rent... the whole economics and attitude wrt managing seasons and show will change remarkably over the next 10 years.

making must-see-tv shows so that a network can sell prime time ad space is so last century, like buying physical CDs (what? a whole 'album??) at a store *lights up ciggie, prepares for rebuttals (he he pun intended)*