Once Tiger is released, how long will it take until the first update comes out?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Once Tiger is released, how long before we see 10.4.1? Being new to Mac's I have no idea how this works or if it is even needed right away but I would think that with any big change comes some problems that would need to be addressed sooner rather than later.

Eric

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I'd guess a month or so. That's how long it took for 10.3.1 if I recall...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    it depends. panther had a huge issue with FW800, so an update came fairly quickly. if there are no glaring bugs, it will probably take a while cause even the first version of tiger will incredible.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I SAY NOT MORE THEN 2 WEEKS

I BET
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Wow. I just realized this is now March. At one time, March 22 was looking like a possible release date, but it seems the later part of April is the earliest we can expect now, from rumors/speculations I've seen. I can't wait!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibook911

Wow. I just realized this is now March. At one time, March 22 was looking like a possible release date, but it seems the later part of April is the earliest we can expect now, from rumors/speculations I've seen. I can't wait!

I'll be queuing in Regent Street with my PowerBook and iPod photo the day before it comes out!!