Original Airport Issue

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am having an issue with my airport on my PowerMac G4 Quicksilver running 10.3.8. I am typing this post from my PowerBook G4 (which is right next to the PowerMac) and I can connect to my router, Linksys B, with the laptop but not the PowerMac. I have tried restarting and turning airport on and off but to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas what the issue with it could be? Also, my airport says it is connect to my router, but I am getting no IP address and it doesn't scroll the name of it like it normally does when it connects. I have no idea what else to do.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

P.S. I just used MacStumbler and it found my network along with some other neighbors. So it is working, but it can't connect for some reason.

Weird...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DCmac32

I am having an issue with my airport on my PowerMac G4 Quicksilver running 10.3.8. I am typing this post from my PowerBook G4 (which is right next to the PowerMac) and I can connect to my router, Linksys B, with the laptop but not the PowerMac. I have tried restarting and turning airport on and off but to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas what the issue with it could be? Also, my airport says it is connect to my router, but I am getting no IP address and it doesn't scroll the name of it like it normally does when it connects. I have no idea what else to do.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

P.S. I just used MacStumbler and it found my network along with some other neighbors. So it is working, but it can't connect for some reason.

Weird...

I assume the G4 is 802.11b and the Linksys B is 802.11g. Go through the settings of the router and make sure both b and g are turned on.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    dcmac32dcmac32 Posts: 67member
    Both are B.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DCmac32

Both are B.

oh, no idea then. I can only suggest the aerial on the PowerMac.