Help!! Powerbook won't turn on.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a 1.25 Ghz 15 Inch powerbook. when i go to turn it on i can here the fan spin up for about 3 senonds and then nothing. As many times as i press the power buton it does this. I have tried removing thae battrie and using ac power only using battrie power only swapping out ram chips. Any one have any idea on why it is doing this?

-AG

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    1.25ghz you say... Should still be under warranty. I think it's time to go give apple a ringaling

But seriously. I think your pmu needs to be reset... one sec as I look into it

Found it:

1. If the computer is on, turn it off.

2. Reset the power manager by simultaneously pressing and then releasing Shift-Control-Option-Power on the keyboard. Do not press the fn (Function) key while using this combination of keystrokes.

3. Wait 5 seconds.

4. Press the Power button to restart the computer.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I took it apart and gave it a good hard smack for misbehaving and it started working again. I lost faith in this coomputer. I know it is going to come back and haunt when i am infront of a client so i think i will get a new one soon.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by agallant

I took it apart and gave it a good hard smack for misbehaving and it started working again. I lost faith in this coomputer. I know it is going to come back and haunt when i am infront of a client so i think i will get a new one soon.

get Apple to have a look at it. Diagnosis is free remember.