loading a dvd

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
just wondering how far into the drive it usually has to be for it to "suck" it in, it seems like on mine i have to leave only about 1/4" out and then it will pull it in, just seems odd as my car's cd player only has to have the disc about half-way in and it pulls it in.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kernel843

just wondering how far into the drive it usually has to be for it to "suck" it in, it seems like on mine i have to leave only about 1/4" out and then it will pull it in, just seems odd as my car's cd player only has to have the disc about half-way in and it pulls it in.

yeah, mine is a coupla centimetres. surprising, but fine once you get used to it.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ericeasonericeason Posts: 118member
    it takes it in at about 1/2 inch and ejects it out halfway. It is probably so you can't grab the disk and stop it as it is being sucked in.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    thanks for all the replies, i guess i just found it odd you had to put 98% of it into the drive especially when it ejects it half way out but i could see what you said being the reason.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ericeason

It is probably so you can't grab the disk and stop it as it is being sucked in.

that does indeed make a lot of sense!