i tunes question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
In copying an old record of Frank Sinatra, there are multiple song on each record.

When the recording is put on my hard drive, all the songs are listed as being on one track--is there any way to separate them on i tunes as separate songs?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammick

In copying an old record of Frank Sinatra, there are multiple song on each record.

When the recording is put on my hard drive, all the songs are listed as being on one track--is there any way to separate them on i tunes as separate songs?

It is time consuming but possible.

Listen to the tracks and work out when each one begins and ends. Then either right click, control-click and select properties or press apple-i with the song selected. Click the options tab and then specify the start and end time using the times you worked out (you can only split each track once at a time). Once you've chosen the times you can double-click on the song to make sure the timings are correct. If they are, control-click on the song and convert the song to AAC. It will just convert the time specified. You can do this for each track. Once you've done this too all the tracks on that file you can delete the original.

If you have Toast 6 Titanium there is a much easier way. Open CD Spin Doctor in the Toast folder and then open the audio file (preferably AIFF) then it will automatically seperate the tracks for you using the wave form.