LinkBack-Framework Introduced

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Quote:

Nisus Software, The Omni Group, and Blacksmith announced LinkBack, a new technology that brings embedded objects to the Mac OS X platform. LinkBack makes it possible to edit text or graphics pasted from another application by double-clicking on it. The technology will be included in future releases of Nisus Writer Express, OmniOutliner, OmniGraffle, and Chartsmith. It is also available today as an open source framework for use by other Mac developers at http://www.linkbackproject.org.

Quote:

LinkBack is an open source framework for Mac OS X that helps developers integrate content from other applications into their own. A user can paste content from any LinkBack-enabled application into another and reopen that content later for editing with just a double-click. Changes will automatically appear in the original document again when you save.

Could this be the beginning of a beautiful friendship?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    I like to think of it as the "Axis of Office."
  • Reply 2 of 2
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    That's great.

I've been saying for years that with Obj-C and Services, we were one short step away from OpenDoc 2, whenever Apple decided to do it. (Then Carbon got in the way, but that's another issue.) Glad to see someone finally stepped up to the plate.

(Off to go peruse and distract myself from research for a while...)