Click after alert sound

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
For about a week now there has been a click noise right after my alert sound is played. The sound I use is "submarine" and it just started this last week.

I have a 1.25ghz powerbook and os x 10.3.8.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ericeason

For about a week now there has been a click noise right after my alert sound is played. The sound I use is "submarine" and it just started this last week.

I have a 1.25ghz powerbook and os x 10.3.8.

Thanks in advance

I've had this problem a few times, the sound file is corrupted. I think a combo updater will fix it.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    ericeasonericeason Posts: 118member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

I've had this problem a few times, the sound file is corrupted. I think a combo updater will fix it.

I will try it but I have dial-up and it will be a few days before I get somewhere I can get broadband access.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

I will try it but I have dial-up and it will be a few days before I get somewhere I can get broadband access.

does anyone you know have broadband that can lend you it? You could try going to an Apple store and giving them a CD and asking for a download update. They're usually quite helpful.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

does anyone you know have broadband that can lend you it? You could try going to an Apple store and giving them a CD and asking for a download update. They're usually quite helpful.

Yes, but it will be a day or two before I have time to go over to their house.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I finally got the combo updater downloaded, but it didn't work. Can someone email me the sound file? the location is System>Library>Sounds>Submarine.aiff

my email address is ericeason AT gmail DOT com

Thanks
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

I finally got the combo updater downloaded, but it didn't work. Can someone email me the sound file? the location is System>Library>Sounds>Submarine.aiff

my email address is ericeason AT gmail DOT com

Thanks

i'll try this evening
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I replaced the sound file, restarted, and it works fine now. Thanks for the help!