Couple of Problems....

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
First of all my keyboard will not eject my CD drive anymore(I have a 1.6ghz G5 if that matters). So I always have to open iTunes and eject that way. I tried exchanging keyboards but that doesn't work either. Any way to open my drive a little easier?

Also for any adium user...whats the best way to change my list around?!?!?! the damn thing always reverts back to old list, the groups I put in it eventually moves people back to the old one. the people I delete it will put back on the list. Is there any GOOD way of doing this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    ericeasonericeason Posts: 118member
    You can drag the icon on the desktop to the trash to eject the cd.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    chikarachikara Posts: 116member
    I realize that, but to put CD's in I need to open it. I know there are many ways of opening and closing the CD tray, I just want the one on my keyboard to work.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    ericeasonericeason Posts: 118member
    I'm not sure how to get it to work again, but in the meantime this thread says how to put an eject menu item on the top taskbar. http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=49394
  • Reply 4 of 9
    thanks for the tip
  • Reply 5 of 9
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ericeason

I'm not sure how to get it to work again, but in the meantime this thread says how to put an eject menu item on the top taskbar. http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=49394

On the HardDisk>System>Library>CoreServices>Menu Extras>Eject.menu just double click on it - done
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chikara

I realize that, but to put CD's in I need to open it. I know there are many ways of opening and closing the CD tray, I just want the one on my keyboard to work.

it wont work if there is a CD being used or playing. But if it's in iTunes and not playing/importing it should eject with the button on the keyboard.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Hmmm, does apple+e work?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

it wont work if there is a CD being used or playing. But if it's in iTunes and not playing/importing it should eject with the button on the keyboard.

Thank you for responding, but as I stated earlier, the button does not work at anytime. when there is not even a CD in the drive, it will not eject the drive so I can add a CD in, I need to boot up iTunes and do it.

I did take the advice of the others who said put it on my taskbar and that has been a help.

Thank you
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chikara

Thank you for responding, but as I stated earlier, the button does not work at anytime. when there is not even a CD in the drive, it will not eject the drive so I can add a CD in, I need to boot up iTunes and do it.

I did take the advice of the others who said put it on my taskbar and that has been a help.

Thank you

try a combo updater. They usually fix problems.