Any good info about a iMac G5 revision?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I'm in the market for a new iMac G5, and I'm aware of the usual update cycles for Apple products so I know that an update is just about due. And we had a thread here a couple of weeks ago about a longer delivery time for iMacs that made everybody think an update was imminent.

So, does anyone have a good feeling about the timetable for this update? I can wait a couple, maybe three weeks but any longer than that would be difficult.

I'm hoping that the update has 2 ghz, 512mb standard RAM, a standard 100gb drive, iLife 05 preloaded for the current price. Is that asking too much?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    It no longer appears as though an iMac update is imminent.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    nathan22tnathan22t Posts: 317member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tekriter

I'm in the market for a new iMac G5, and I'm aware of the usual update cycles for Apple products so I know that an update is just about due. And we had a thread here a couple of weeks ago about a longer delivery time for iMacs that made everybody think an update was imminent.

So, does anyone have a good feeling about the timetable for this update? I can wait a couple, maybe three weeks but any longer than that would be difficult.

I'm hoping that the update has 2 ghz, 512mb standard RAM, a standard 100gb drive, iLife 05 preloaded for the current price. Is that asking too much?

I dont think so. Three weeks probably wont be enough time though. But you already get iLife 05.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    nathan22tnathan22t Posts: 317member
    dbl
  • Reply 4 of 10
    tekritertekriter Posts: 44member
    If you look at Apple's store page for the iMac is still says you get iLife 04.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

My 20" came with iLife 05 as a drop in package. that was a month ago.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    All new Macs are shipping with iLife 05 as the default.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    tekritertekriter Posts: 44member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

All new Macs are shipping with iLife 05 as the default.

That does make sense, I wonder why Apple hasn't updated their store web page?

• Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

That does make sense, I wonder why Apple hasn't updated their store web page?

Its a minor. They'll probably change it with the next major site update.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Wait for the 970mp, it should be out this year. I'd wager that Apple puts it in at least one iMac within the next two years, after introducing the chip in the Powermac line.

If you need a Mac, then maybe you shouldn't wait. That 20" iMac is pretty damn sweet, even with the lame video chipset.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    pyrixpyrix Posts: 264member
    Quote:

Seen new iMac G5's, had '05