Getting iChat back

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I deleted this off my computer when I got AIM. I think that was a big mistake because AIM is freezing all the time on me now. I downloaded iChat AV from MacUpdate but it says it cant be installed (presumably because I dont have the standard iChat anymore). I put in the Panther disc, and chose to do custom install to only install iChat but I didn't see it. How do I get iChat back?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    o4blackwrxo4blackwrx Posts: 383member
    If you need I can copy my iChat program from Applications and see if that will work on yours.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    that would be great! me email is [email protected]
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by nd32k3

that would be great! me email is [email protected]

sent...
  • Reply 4 of 7
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 740member
    Download install and use Pacifist to install iChat from your Panther CD. You'll probably also need to download and install 10.3.8 Combo Updater to make sure iChat is up to date.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    O4BlackWRX thank you very much. It works perfect. I got the Aqua package of mac update because i dont like the metal look.

Is there anyway to make and view aim profiles with it?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by nd32k3

Is there anyway to make and view aim profiles with it?

To view someone's profile right click on their username and select get info then move to their name in the drop down Show: list. Then it will say Buddy's AIM Profile: and whatever their profile is.

As for making your own unfortunately this verison is unable to make a profile. However the next version of iChat (3.0) in Tiger allows you to create a profile. There are applications that will send a profile for yourself even if you still use iChat but I cannot seem to find it at the moment. If I do I will post it up later.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by O4BlackWRX

To view someone's profile right click on their username and select get info then move to their name in the drop down Show: list. Then it will say Buddy's AIM Profile: and whatever their profile is.

As for making your own unfortunately this verison is unable to make a profile. However the next version of iChat (3.0) in Tiger allows you to create a profile. There are applications that will send a profile for yourself even if you still use iChat but I cannot seem to find it at the moment. If I do I will post it up later.

Alright thank you very much, you have been a big help. And a program I saw to have profiles is iProfile or something like that on macupdate.com

You can find it if you just search for profile. Thanks again!