Retail Discussion, come on...

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
do we really need a Retail Discussion forum, is it that much discussed that it needs it own forum...

I for one, dislike the change, however, like the name changes for the other forums...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    I'd personally either kill it or make it a sub category of General Discussion like Political Outsider is of Apple Outsider.

I dont think its worth a place of it's own but I guess it deserves a few weeks of getting used to and gauge feedback from others.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    The big guns have reasons. I don't know what they are, but I'm assured they exist.

If it doesn't interest you don't open it, I know I probably never will.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    yes, but it has taken the position that General Discussion had, so my muscle memory has to switch around to get to the desired forum, causing me to open the Retail discussion
  • Reply 4 of 13
    blue2kdaveblue2kdave Posts: 652member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

I'd personally either kill it or make it a sub category of General Discussion like Political Outsider is of Apple Outsider.

I dont think its worth a place of it's own but I guess it deserves a few weeks of getting used to and gauge feedback from others.

Agreed. Although if there is something else in the pipes...? Now that I think about it, Apple retail doesn't just imply stores, maybe this could be where we discuss the new big marketing campaigns. Or how iPods are sold at 7-11 (that is not a fact, but an example).
  • Reply 5 of 13
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I'm really looking forward to discussing Apple's retail strategy with my fellow Mac enthusiasts.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    "I'm really looking forward to discussing Apple's retail strategy with my fellow Mac enthusiasts."
  • Reply 7 of 13
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    a forum for retail stores? come on thats retarded.

maybe we should have a forum dedicated to the apple website too. it would make as much sense.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

I'm really looking forward to discussing Apple's retail strategy with my fellow Mac enthusiasts.

Quote:

maybe we should have a forum dedicated to the apple website too. it would make as much sense.

Isn't that was Future Hardware is for?

"OMG GUYZ THEY JUST HCANGED A GRAFIC I THINK NEW POWARBOOK OK!?"
  • Reply 9 of 13
    they didn't want to call it "purchasing advice".
  • Reply 10 of 13
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Well I think it's pretty clear by now that Retail Discussions is a flop. One post in the last week. For an entire forum. The last new thread was started two weeks ago. Can we dump it now? Or please Groverat, since you claim "It was going to be pretty cool," please clue us in. Thanks. Because as it is it's not cool at all.

Now now, we have 3 posts in the last two days. It even took two, yes two threads to accomplish this landslide of posting!

RETAIL DISCUSSION RECAP FOR THE LAST WEEK:

A rehash of a previous thread stating the planned upcoming stores.

Someone excited that one of these stores is in their area.

Someone asking when a store might open.

If it gets any quieter, tumbleweeds will start blowing through it.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Or please Groverat, since you claim "It was going to be pretty cool," please clue us in. Thanks. Because as it is it's not cool at all.

Operative word being "was".

As far as what was going to make it cool, it hardly matters. It isn't happening and the forum sucks.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I imagine the powers that be, in their infinite wisdom, thought it'd be good to have a Retail Discussion forum for all the little comment threads related to the articles they write on the front page, back page, side page, blah blah blah.

Good one, guys.