iPod shuffle availability improves significantly

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Supply constraints associated with Apple's new iPod shuffle player have begun to dissipate, AppleInsider has learned.

Over the weekend, Apple retail stores and other associated retailers reported receiving 'significant shipments' of the new players. Until recently, these outlets had been receiving only a handful of iPod shuffle cartons each week, and sporadically at that. Each carton contains 20 iPod shuffles.

"We've now begun receiving them in batches," said one source. "There are too many to count; we have a ton."

In its investigation this morning, AppleInsider contact several Apple retail stores at random, including locations in Conn., New York, Illinois, and Calif. All stores reported available inventory of both shuffle models, with flagship locations confirming that they retained 'a good number' of each of the players.

Followup checks with the Apple online store also support these findings. The estimated ship time for an iPod shuffle has been reduced from a number of weeks to 1-3 business days on the 512MB model and to 5-7 business days on the 1GB.

The flow of iPod shuffles leaving Austek's manufacturing in Taiwan may have been helped in part by one of Apple's component suppliers. Rumor has it that Samsung, which provides Apple with 1GB flash RAM modules, may have joined Toshiba in helping supply the iPod maker with 512MB modules.

Virtually all backlog of iPod shuffle players is expected to disappear by April, sources said.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    ensign pulverensign pulver Posts: 1,193member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AppleInsider

The flow of iPod shuffle's...

• Reply 2 of 14
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    No doubt the stock situation will also be helped by people buying the newly price dropped mini as well.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

Foul on Appleinsider for flagrant overuse of apostrophe. Sending them to the Punctuation Penalty box for one hour.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    blue2kdaveblue2kdave Posts: 652member
    Quote:

Grammar allergies?
  • Reply 5 of 14
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,239member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Foul on Appleinsider for flagrant overuse of apostrophe. Sending them to the Punctuation Penalty box for one hour.

Worse, I've noticed frequent spelling errors on MacCentral, of all publications. You'd think they'd catch stuff like that.

(Thanks for being so responsive, AppleInsider)

Okay, about the iPod shuffles.... congrats to Apple, a lot more happy 'podders now.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    m01etym01ety Posts: 278member
    Quote:

*English Major*
  • Reply 7 of 14
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    Predicted headline (probably on C-Net):

"iPod Shuffle Demand Dissapointing: Apple Reports No More Backorders on Beleaguered Screenless Player"
  • Reply 8 of 14
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nagromme

Predicted headline (probably on C-Net):

"iPod Shuffle Demand Dissapointing: Apple Reports No More Backorders on Beleaguered Screenless Player"

personally though i like my iPod Mini silver. virtually unscratchable finish and very very scratch resistant screen (touch wood)... and it has a screen ! yay!

but way to go iPod Shuffle...!! way to go iPod mini!!

***begin ramble***

so to my chagrin but later joy my parents had some pee cee problems... they need an important database i made for them in Access97 that runs ONLY in office97withAccess

but with virtualPC7 with office97 on our iBook, the only thing the pee cee is gonna be used for is a spare machine for Firefox/Thunderbird and GoogleMail on our shared broadband.... and to remind me once in a while how much pee cees SUCK ASS.... bwah ha ha ha
  • Reply 9 of 14
    mendosimendosi Posts: 36member
    You know, I keep hearing about this super-scratch-proof iPod mini.

This is a shame because hearing about that I really, really want to see for myself, but I know that with the amount of music I have I shall be buying at least a 30GB iPod next.

Still, as they say, life is tough!

Mendosi

P.S. I hate it when people display their ignorance of punctuation too. But it is great when it's fixed.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mendosi

You know, I keep hearing about this super-scratch-proof iPod mini.

This is a shame because hearing about that I really, really want to see for myself, but I know that with the amount of music I have I shall be buying at least a 30GB iPod next.

Still, as they say, life is tough!

Mendosi

P.S. I hate it when people display their ignorance of punctuation too. But it is great when it's fixed.

yeah! we can't have everything we ever want do we??? at least iPod mini is up to 6GB now... i didn't need anything more than my 4GB because I'm taking a break from graphic design for some time.... otherwise if i was still in power user mode i would have gone at least 20GB
  • Reply 11 of 14
    yes they are becoming available everywhere just about everyday...

accessories are taking off too... look at www.ipodt.com
  • Reply 12 of 14
    "The iPodT Shirt is a fully customized shirt with a specially double stiched pocket designed to hold your iPod Shuffle securely leaving your hands free to do as you please!"

hmmm... i like the idea of having my hands free to do as i please... but then there's the whole church-guilt-thing
  • Reply 13 of 14
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    I ordered my 1GB iPod Shuffle from Target.com in January and they still haven't shipped it.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1984

I ordered my 1GB iPod Shuffle from Target.com in January and they still haven't shipped it.

what the hell? that sucks dude...