Appearance Code for Employees

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Are they still allowed to have colored hair (blue etc.)?

One of the guys at the Kenwood Apple Store in Cincinnati used to...

made the whole Think Different thing seem at least somewhat material.

Even if they mostly have to wear the same shirts.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    The two stores I frequent are quite a paradox. The Oak Brook store has an older staff and are pretty middle of the road dress-wise. Jeans and their Apple gear.

The North Michigan Avenue store has a mixture of young hip associates mixed with geek hipster doofus types, the youngsters are pretty cutting edge style-wise. I think I've seen some dyed hair, but I'm not keen on noticing that stuff.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    clonenodeclonenode Posts: 392member
    speaking from personal experience: other than the staff shirt, there is no overt dress-code. we had a slacker dude who used to show up in his flannel PJ bottoms - no lie.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

The two stores I frequent are quite a paradox. The Oak Brook store has an older staff and are pretty middle of the road dress-wise. Jeans and their Apple gear.

The North Michigan Avenue store has a mixture of young hip associates mixed with geek hipster doofus types, the youngsters are pretty cutting edge style-wise. I think I've seen some dyed hair, but I'm not keen on noticing that stuff.

I like the black dude that works there. He's very cool.

Hm... I think that there's a girl with red hair there too, but I haven't seen here lately [North Michigan Avenue Store]. I also like the old lady there, she's very helpful, but understandably, not enough in the 'Think Different' mood to actually 'Look Different'.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I remember a beautiful Apple Store girl working in Soho after it first opened. Sigh. What was her name?