Who Loves Hot Dogs?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
People, who loves hot Dogs? I love hot dogs!

Everyday I have a hot dog with pickles, lettuce, tomato

When I need something special I get it with onions, BBQ sauce, cole slaw, swiss cheese

I love me hot dogs

Comments

• Reply 1 of 39
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I love this smiley:

• Reply 2 of 39
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    In the hierarchy of hot dogs, I don't think it's possible to top a footlong dog with mayo and lots of sauerkraut. Especially when it comes with a plate of waffle fries also loaded with mayo.
  • Reply 3 of 39
    If you truly like hotdogs, then you should come to Toronto for our foot long Polish sausages found at all hotdog carts. Barbequed. Not steamed. Some carts have like 25 toppings. A sausage and a coke on a hot summer day. Can't wait for summer. I hear Chicago has pretty good dogs as well.
  • Reply 4 of 39
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

In the hierarchy of hot dogs, I don't think it's possible to top a footlong dog with mayo and lots of sauerkraut. Especially when it comes with a plate of waffle fries also loaded with mayo.

That much mayonaisse even being discussed makes me want to vomit.
  • Reply 5 of 39
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

I love this smiley:

as do I, and multiple backups of it in the event that you people decide to get rid of it....
  • Reply 6 of 39
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    mmm ya hotdogs sound great! some hoof, intestine, liver. man i cant resist that. oh ya i'm really sick today so now im gonna go throw up.
  • Reply 7 of 39
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I'm allergic to hot dogs. (As least some chemical they put in them)

But I like the next best thing: Bratwurst! Ohhh, yeaaa!
  • Reply 8 of 39
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    Hotdogs I love

cold wet dogs that smell up the house I hate.

j.
  • Reply 9 of 39
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Nothing beats a good Hotdog;

• Reply 10 of 39
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I love my hot dogs burned. We used to grill hot dogs every Saturday for lunch outside the ski instructor's lodge. It's great after working a clinic all morning, dealing with hundreds of new skiers, and scarfing down a couple of hot dogs afterwards. Fun times.
  • Reply 11 of 39
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    I like to boil them with some butter and garlic in the water, gives em that authentic dirty water dog taste. Anyone who puts mayo on a hot dog is crazy?! Gotta be either mustard or ketchup.
  • Reply 12 of 39
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Kosher dog, sauerkraut, stone ground mustard, and onions.

YUM
  • Reply 13 of 39
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    I like to cut the hot dog lengthwise, so the cut makes a pocket. Then I put in a thin slice of cheese, put the dog under the broiler, and cook it until it's a little bit burnt. Yum.

I also like the kosher dogs at Costco, with some mustard and a TON of onions.

(The onions at Costco are pretty awful. They must be chopped a week in advance. But still, I love onions piled an inch deep on hot dogs. Mmmm-boy!)

I love chili dogs, too.
  • Reply 14 of 39
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    ew.
  • Reply 15 of 39
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    I like Coney Dogs, like you can get at A&W restaurants... do they still have those in the US?

anyway i developed a wheat allergy now so i've pretty much weaned myself off cakes, burgers, hot dogs...

can still eat french/belgian/freedom fries though because they're from potato...!!! yay!
  • Reply 16 of 39
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    Chili dog with onions, fries and an Iced Tea. Fron here:

• Reply 17 of 39
    Kosher dog. Toronto.. i visited and stayed at a huge hotel. right across the street there was a hotdof vendor.

Kosher Toronto dog with ketchup, mustard, and relish=

(hes not laughing, hes opening his mouth to.. um.. eat a hotdog. yeah. and its supposed to mean there yummy
  • Reply 18 of 39
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tmp

Chili dog with onions, fries and an Iced Tea. Fron here:

that is on the special features for this PBS hot dog documentary DVD I have.
  • Reply 19 of 39
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    When I was 14 I worked for my dad in his lumber yard for a summer (cleaning up and what not). Well one day, he had an open house for customers, most of whom didn't show up. The food he had was about a million hot dogs, with kegs of birch beer to drink.

I must have had ten hot dogs and two gallons of birch beer that day. It was weird because I couldn't seem to get full. I just kept eating hot dogs and sucking down birch beer!

I don't eat many now, but when I do it's at a BBQ. Usually I like them a little blackened with some mustard. Sometimes I'll eat them with onions though. Mmmmm....onions.
  • Reply 20 of 39
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

that is on the special features for this PBS hot dog documentary DVD I have.

you watch the OC

and you have a PBS hot dog documentary DVD