will osx 10 work on my friends g3 powerbook

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi this is a tehnical question to anybody that may help me , my friend has a apple g3 powerbook 300mhz(family no - m4753 Im sure this is a wall street version it has scsi and adb input - but no usb or firewire , ive got the pc card / cardbus adapters so that the powerbook may run usb and firewire but the drivers require 0sX10 or above to run , the system running on the machine is os9.1 and I would like to upgrade to osX10 or above for it , Ive read that Panther OS10.3 is not compatible because of firmware issues but could someone advise me as to if the laptop can handle os10.1(aqua/puma) or os10.2(jaguar)

as I would purchase a full version older operating system in order for the machine to handle usb interfaces , the laptop is a sound machine with 512mb ram but my friend wants broadband digi camera and printers hooked up so I need advice on the best upgrade , please feel free to be technical as Ive used macs for over a decade and I am well versed in the techno bable Thank you for any assistance - thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by felinegooddude

Hi this is a tehnical question to anybody that may help me , my friend has a apple g3 powerbook 300mhz(family no - m4753 Im sure this is a wall street version it has scsi and adb input - but no usb or firewire , ive got the pc card / cardbus adapters so that the powerbook may run usb and firewire but the drivers require 0sX10 or above to run , the system running on the machine is os9.1 and I would like to upgrade to osX10 or above for it , Ive read that Panther OS10.3 is not compatible because of firmware issues but could someone advise me as to if the laptop can handle os10.1(aqua/puma) or os10.2(jaguar)

as I would purchase a full version older operating system in order for the machine to handle usb interfaces , the laptop is a sound machine with 512mb ram but my friend wants broadband digi camera and printers hooked up so I need advice on the best upgrade , please feel free to be technical as Ive used macs for over a decade and I am well versed in the techno bable Thank you for any assistance - thanks

You can upgrade the OS on your Wall Street PowerBook G3 to MacOS X 10.2.8. If you have questions in the future about the OS-compatibility about an Apple computer, you can find the answer at this web site. And another thing--learn how to punctuate your sentences, why don't you. You post was nearly impossible to read.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    thanks for the advice - I shall watch my punctuation in the future.