newbie question. Need help fast

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Im new to using a mac. Ive used my Mac for about 7 days now. My problem is that I need excel software. I have to submit a purchase order by 11am EST but the Office software that comes with my G4 1.67 doesnt allow to print. WTF kinda shit is that. Is thier any other program I can use to open up such a document. Excuse my ignorance Ive never used a Mac until making the plunge 9 days ago. HELP

Why would they include test software that doesnt allow to print. Thay cant be serious.

Need help without paying 200-300 right now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    It's a demo that locks you out of printing. It's for you to demo the app and see if you find it worth buying. I think it's a good idea...atleast it beats buying the software blind.

The full version obviosly lets you print. MS Office for Mac can be purchased from www.microsoft.com/mac or most mac sellers (even the apple store, i think).
  • Reply 2 of 5
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NYguy

Im new to using a mac. Ive used my Mac for about 7 days now. My problem is that I need excel software. I have to submit a purchase order by 11am EST but the Office software that comes with my G4 1.67 doesnt allow to print. WTF kinda shit is that. Is thier any other program I can use to open up such a document. Excuse my ignorance Ive never used a Mac until making the plunge 9 days ago. HELP

Why would they include test software that doesnt allow to print. Thay cant be serious.

Need help without paying 200-300 right now.

If as you imply, you work at a firm that requires your use of Excel, then $200-$300 is not out of line. As livings124 said, you can buy Microsoft Excel 2004 or the complete Microsoft Office 2004 suite wherever Macintosh software is sold. In New York, you have several stores to choose from.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    nyguynyguy Posts: 19member
    I dont work for a firm. I run a small business. I just downloaded a program that converts the .xls document.

Dont know why you advise I head to a store with such little time. Either way thanks for atleast responding.

things worked out
  • Reply 4 of 5
    If your Mac came with Appleworks try using it to open the Exel file.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    easy.

Scale the file so you can view it all on your screen

then, take a screen shot of it

press Apple+Shift+4 and your cursor becomes a corss-hatchet. With your mouse select the area you want. When you lift button, a file will be created on your desktop "picture 1.pdf"

If you ahve any kind of graphics program, you can even take multiple screenshots and join them so that you have a 1/1 scale document to print.

Thats about as much as I can help ya with I'm afraid.

Otherwise, take a look on versiontracker.com and search "excel" and/or "spreadsheet" and see what comes up.