WMA file conversion

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
A friend just switched to Apple (hurray! another convert.) He's been using windows media player for the entire time he's been on windows and his entire music collection is wma. i've tried downloading easywma but it just converts his files to empty mp3 files. I think because he might have used a new version of media player or use some kind of advanced encryption function.

Can anybody suggest anything that will allow me to help him convert those files to mp3's? We can obviously convert using windows then import the mp3's to mac but I don't know what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    rara Posts: 623member
    iTunes for Windows will do this. Assuming the files aren't protected, that is. If they're protected then you're screwed.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    nirradnirrad Posts: 19member
    Thanks for the update. Is there a way to tell if the files are protected or not?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nirrad

Thanks for the update. Is there a way to tell if the files are protected or not?

Well in Windows you can right click on the file and then go over to Details I think and it will say whether or not it is protected. I think protecting files the way windows media player does it is really stupid. You upload every CD you have and it protects all of the songs. If you still havethe CDs then you can upload them to mac.