Star Wars Trailer On the OC

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
DID ANYONE JUST SEE THE GRESTEATEST UFKING TRAILER OF THE YTER?!

THAT WAS SOF UCKING TIGHT!

anyone have a download link?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 39
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    You watch the OC.

• Reply 2 of 39
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

You watch the OC.

yeah, so what? You wanna fight about it? It's where the ladies are, go to the ladies.

ps it is a good show.
  • Reply 3 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

yeah, so what? You wanna fight about it? It's where the ladies are, go to the ladies.

ps it is a good show.

Okay, I'm not sure I believe you, though.

So how was the trailer?
  • Reply 4 of 39
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    So are Chewie and Vader CGI as well?

Nice 9/11 evocation with the Jedi Citadel burning or whatever that building is.

The space battles will be overwhelming and maybe even good. Not sure if there is billowing spoke in space, but far be it for me to inject reality into Star Wars "science" A bit late for that.

Looks pretty crazy. Not sure if that is Palpatine with a light saber pulling a Dracula?

I need to see it again to make sense of it.
  • Reply 5 of 39
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

ps it is a good show.

rachel bilson
  • Reply 6 of 39
    you need the 3vix codec and of course a torrent client:

http://www.torrentreactor.net/view.php?id=5060754
  • Reply 7 of 39
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    saw it

one question: everything looked tight, but i was quite freaked out by the tydirium shuttle prototype. looked like they just cut off the top wing... see what i mean:

from episode 3: revenge of the sith

for reference: from episode 6: return of the Jedi.... hmmm

• Reply 8 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

....Not sure if that is Palpatine with a light saber pulling a Dracula?....

yup... its Palpatine going into bad ass Sith mode from "ooh, look at me, i'm the nice chancellor that's saving the Republic"...

too late suckas!!! you gave him the bloody clone army you dumb ass jedi council. i give anakin the thumbs up for wiping out the entire dumb ass jedi council... except of course Yoda and ObiWan 'coz they are very important in episode 4, 5, 6
  • Reply 9 of 39
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    i think I saw some "shakey cam" space dog-fight sequence...

Awesome. they did a great job in Battlestar Galactica with that effect, I really hope they will use it in swep3
  • Reply 10 of 39
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    ep III looks a lot more promising than the first two eps, but i'm still skeptical. the shitty thing is that i have to go back and watch the crappy eps before i see this one so i make sure i know what the hell is going on.
  • Reply 11 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

ep III looks a lot more promising than the first two eps, but i'm still skeptical. the shitty thing is that i have to go back and watch the crappy eps before i see this one so i make sure i know what the hell is going on.

well..... hmm... just get ep 1 and 2 on dvd, sit back and just try not to take it too seriously... if anything, enjoy the eye candy and in between the boring rubbish bits (most of ep 1) think about the 'evolution' of the star wars universe

actually you know what, just get ep 4 5 and 6 and enjoy that all the way through, then just watch episode 3.... i think you'll be able to connect the dots well enough if you just refresh yourself on 4 5 and 6.

really i was dissapointed in episode 1, 2 was not too bad because i am just mostly interested in the origins of darth vader and the empire...

**some spoiler warning on episode 1 and 2************

(this reminds me of c3po telling the tale to the ewoks in return of the jedi... well, kinda...)

there's a lot of episode 1 and 2 rubbish with trade federation and naboo and jar jar binks and genosians and count dooku (wtf was that about?) and the podrace.... well okay podrace is important because it shows that darth vader was a very talented pilot/ force dude when he was a wee little kid... and episode 2 is mainly about how the EMPIRE started, with senator palpatine edging his way into dictatorship and the clone army the basis and origin of the technology, weaponry and personnel of the imperial army... and the origins of the dark side of pre-darth-vader, anakin skywalker, luke skywalkers father...

there ya go, if you ventured past the spoiler warning i saved you several dollars in renting episode 1 and 2 on dvd and/or bandwidth and time downloading 'em (which is EVIL and WRONG!!!.... )
  • Reply 12 of 39
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    okay, here i come with the big old bucket of reality to splash on everyone...

recall back to when you saw the episode i trailer. you know the one... steve jobs played it every single trade show, and we all downloaded it and played it seven-hundred million times. it looked awesome. it felt huge. there was little to ANY dialog in it... and it closed with darth maul whipping out a double light saber and you thought "well, this sh!t is ON"...

and then you watched it, and you realized they took the best parts of the entire movie and shoved them into the trailer.

here's hoping they don't do the same thing, or else there will be a full-scale assault on skywalker ranch by a whole LOT of fanboys in their custom-made fiberglass stormtrooper costumes.

there is always hope, i suppose.

btw, re: the dooku thing... everything from episode 1 and episode 2 shows palpatine manipulating various people to further the cause to grant him authority over the entire army. dooku was in charge of assembling the droid army (which, in part, is what it looks like the republic is fighting in the trailer... though dooku must die early on, since we see no indication of him in the trailer). essentially, the droid army will, in the end, "throw the fight", meaning any of the planets who sided against the republic will be left as enemies of the state AND defenseless (since they invested everything into that army, all the while being set up as palpatine played both sides, using dooku/tyrannus as his puppet), palpatine receives all the credit for defending the republic, AND manages to paint the jedi as traitors in one clean fell swoop, all while retaining the "chosen one" as his personal right-hand man.

as far as conspiracies go, it's pretty detailed and locks together pretty well. now if we could just go back to episode one and edit out any of that fool "explanation of the force" that ruined it for me, you've got a decent little saga going.

aha (possible spoiler here for episode iii):

apparently, slowing down the trailer, the scene where palpatine is sitting in the throne and anakin fights someone in a saber duel... (ooh, lucas foreshadowing, bring your own sledgehammer), it's NOT obi wan, but dooku/tyrannus. apparently palpatine likes to recycle his "initiation" ceremony, and betrays tyrannus simultaneously. he then sets anakin on the rest of the leaders of the droid army and assassinates them systematically by cleaving them all in half (obviously also enemies of the state as they attempted to overthrow the republic with dooku's leadership).
  • Reply 13 of 39
    thanks Rok, great summary on the conspiracy angle...!!

okay yeah now i remember the dooku thing and the way the dark side master f8cks up his apprentices ;-p shades of Trump

yeah Rok, like i said, my main interest in episode 1 and 2 is mainly how the emperor and darth vader came about... it is interesting to ponder, the rest of ep1 and 2 is eye candy and poor acting

nah, anakin and the emperor bring it on in epsiode 3, i wanna watch it, but definitely going to go in with no expectations whatsoever as far as possible... hence i did enjoy episode 2, with anakin being badass jumping out of speeders and riding really fast in the desert and chopping up those thingys that killed his mom... and talking smack with the obi-wan and the rest of the jedis, that was cool....

*hmmm i have wandered too close to the dark side, i know who i'm going to be rooting for in episode 3 best part is, we know who won
  • Reply 14 of 39
    jasonfjjasonfj Posts: 567member
    How come everything was so simple to understand as a pre-teen when I read/saw ep's 4,5,6 but all this leaves me a confused 35 year old?!
  • Reply 15 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by jasonfj

How come everything was so simple to understand as a pre-teen when I read/saw ep's 4,5,6 but all this leaves me a confused 35 year old?!

because you actually have a life now you may be more concerned on how the EU is maneuvering and the rise of China, and how it may affect your life/job/family/career/future/retirment ....as opposed to how the TradeFederation is maneuvering and the rise of the Geonosians.... and you may be more concerned about the North Korean army rather than the Clone Army..!!

i'm 26 and i couldn't even remember that we're having lamb chops for lunch even though my mum just told me an hour ago
  • Reply 16 of 39
    and maybe I'm missing the simple good against evil tag match the first 3 movies were. My biggest gripe with these prequels is they're just too complicated - both storywise and visually. Nothing looks real anymore, it's all fake CG and I don't buy any of it. It looks like a cartoon. Give me some good old ILM models and motion control over any of this crap.
  • Reply 17 of 39
    Quote:

and maybe I'm missing the simple good against evil tag match the first 3 movies were. My biggest gripe with these prequels is they're just too complicated - both storywise and visually. Nothing looks real anymore, it's all fake CG and I don't buy any of it. It looks like a cartoon. Give me some good old ILM models and motion control over any of this crap.

i hear yea brother, ep 4, 5, 6 was

light side = good

dark side = bad

rebellion = always good when you are fighting an evil domination force

with ep 1, 2 and 3, there's the politics, which means, well, nobody's really evil or good, and

with all the "fake CG" its like most of the time i'm thinking f8ck i should get a job making CG graphics and or how the f8ck did they do that and or f8ck i'll never be able to make CG that good.... (i used to be a bit of a CG enthusiast late 90s up till 2002 or so....
  • Reply 18 of 39
    Quote:

in the spirit of agreeing with you i am going to blatantly repost this big-ass image from the return of the jedi... check out the grittiness of the "real" ILM models and the sheer artistry of matte painting, the optically not computer-generated glow of the shuttle engines, nice pine trees, and how kick ass that shield generator with the little lights on it in the background look...

• Reply 19 of 39
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

in the spirit of agreeing with you i am going to blatantly repost this big-ass image from the return of the jedi... check out the grittiness of the "real" ILM models and the sheer artistry of matte painting, the optically not computer-generated glow of the shuttle engines, nice pine trees, and how kick ass that shield generator with the little lights on it in the background look...

Bah. If you were 10 again you'd eat the CGI up like candy just as you did the matte paintings and miniatures.

Fix the shitty acting, and the first two get a lot better. Think of Padme/Anakin scenes as bathroom or kitchen breaks.
  • Reply 20 of 39
    yeah, but I can still watch the first three and love them - real sets, even the matte paintings look more real than the CG. The trouble is Lucas is trying too hard, showing off too much with what he thinks he can do and throwing too much into the shots. The production design has lost it, the whole thing has become a big video game.