Wireless USB mic

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
OK so here's the deal. I'm going to be moving into a loft apartment and I want to have an intercom system to my G5.

My computer will be on the bottom floor, the mic would be in the loft. They will be roughly 30 feet apart, but they WILL have line of site (nothing but air between them).

The reason I want to do this is so I can say "Computer, Play Gin and Juice at stupid volumes" and piss off my neighbors, without leaving the comfort of my bed.

If there is no such thing as a wireless USB mic, perhaps someone could point me to a good (cheap) wired USB mic.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Buy a cheap used Sony Ericsson T68 and run Salling Clicker.

Moving this to Genius Bar, too.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

not released yet, but will be great

While it looks neat, I really needed a microphone, not a remote control.

The idea being I don't have to look at anything, just hit a com button and do it remotely.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by slughead

While it looks neat, I really needed a microphone, not a remote control.

The idea being I don't have to look at anything, just hit a com button and do it remotely.

Does it have to be USB? You can buy RF wireless microphones all over the place, and then you could just use the audio-in port on your G5.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Does it have to be USB? You can buy RF wireless microphones all over the place, and then you could just use the audio-in port on your G5.

Ideally USB would be best, as I have the analog inputs doing other stuff.

Any info on USB microphones in general would be cool too
  • Reply 6 of 8
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,561member
    Hmmm... Griffin iMic for USB audio input and a cheap wireless microphone.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    yep, i got a griffin iMic for my iBook and it works absolutely fine. I also bought a connection which means that i can plug my guitars in and record onto GarageBand without interference... works with no problems.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    great ideas guys

thanks very much