Final Creative Corner Renaming Poll

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
All right, the top 3 names were chosen for this run-off.

Creative Corner

Right Brain

The Gallery

Sorry if you liked one of the others, but these were to the top 3 vote-getters (I'll miss you "The Left Bank" ).

This poll will be open for 3 days (now until I get to it on 3/14 to close it).

Vote!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    wait, i though the left brain was responsible for creativity? or have i just been confused my enitre life? (please be kind when answering that...)
  • Reply 2 of 9
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    You've been confused your entire life! Lefties are supposed to be more emotional, creative, etc. because they use the right side of their brain more. That's why they're left-handed. Your dominant hemisphere is supposed to be the opposite of your dominant hand (or foot, ear, nostril, whatever).
  • Reply 3 of 9
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

You've been confused your entire life! Lefties are supposed to be more emotional, creative, etc. because they use the right side of their brain more. That's why they're left-handed. Your dominant hemisphere is supposed to be the opposite of your dominant hand (or foot, ear, nostril, whatever).

I just read an article about this, and in fact it's not the case (the emotional thing). Left handed people are more balanced between the right and the left, because their dominant eye, is in most case the right one : it's a cross pattern. Right handed people have in most cases, a dominant right eye : they are very lateralised.

Now speaking of performance, and this works for anibody, the left hand is faster than the right one. For example if you want to spare something quick, the left hand is the choice. Now if you want to adapt a movement while doing it, the right hand is more skilled.

Now you are right the left hemishpere is the hemisphere of language, and the right one the creative one (drawing ...)
  • Reply 4 of 9
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I thought about sprinkling the term "supposedly" throughout my comment because while I haven't seen info to the contrary, I figured that there isn't such a strict relationship. I'm a lefty and rather analytically inclined and detail-oriented. I'm also pretty good at drawing but not so hot as a wordsmith.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    No Left Bank!?! This is an outrage!!! (I'd search for groverat's Outrage pic but I'm lazy)

Let's go Right Bank!!!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    CREATIVE CORNER.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

I thought about sprinkling the term "supposedly" throughout my comment because while I haven't seen info to the contrary, I figured that there isn't such a strict relationship. I'm a lefty and rather analytically inclined and detail-oriented. I'm also pretty good at drawing but not so hot as a wordsmith.

I know Buon that you did not build this info, and that it's based on "scientifical" studies, but i think that the article I read, based upon a great scientifical study is much more accurate. My younger daughter is lefthanded, my older one is right handed, but the lefthanded one is more analytical, while the right handed more creative.

BTW I did not see any single reasons why the dominant head shoud have a different personality. It's seems to me that such behavioring are an heritage of the past, when wrighting with the left hand was a shame.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    The Gallery. that's it.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    9-7-5

Creative Corner wins.

Thank you for your participation.